Will things ever be the same again?

My boyfriend and I have been in a pretty serious long distance relationship for almost a year now. We've only seen each other once, and that was when we met. But we were instantly attracted to each other and there is just something about him that is different than other guys. I really do love him and I can see my future with him.

We just don't know when we will be able to see each other again... Probably not until next summer. Which is hard but we work through it.

We tell each other everything and we have always had a really good relationship, even though we do have little fights every once in a while. But I think that is completely normal. We always talk about the cute things we will do with each other when were are finally together again.

But last night was different... He said we'd never be together and that we needed to stop talking right then because it would hurt even more later on. We ended up working it all out and really opening up to each other even more. The thing is I just don't know if I can let go of what of what he said. He said he was just angry yesterday and wasn't thinking straight.

It just made me think that all the endless hours of talking were a lie. I try to tell myself that they weren't, but it is still in the back of my mind. What do y'all think? Do y'all think we will be able to go back to the way we were?

Updates:
Thanks y'all! We talked it through and we are gonna continue the relationship. The worst that can happen is not getting to see each other until next summer. We are better than ever now so hopefully it will all work out!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It lasts as long as you want it to last. What about the people in the marines who barely see thier girlfriends or wives? If you love someone enough you'll make it work even if it stays virtual for a while

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He just needed time to see things in a different perspective.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. Maybe not.

But I think he was right. Having a long-term relationship at your age is just a waste of your youth. It may feel 'safer' than having a relationship with someone you see all the time, but it's not going to lead anywhere.

There are many good guys out there. If you can't find one who live reasonably close to you, you're not trying hard enough.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• LDRs are only supposed to be a temporary arrangement. If you don't have plans to be together in person and have't planned which one of you is going to move to be with the other there's not really any point in continuing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you've lost it - the faith that it is worth it to put effort in this LDR. I think for a while you've been kinda blindly into this guy, you've convinced yourself that he's the one (or at least, that he's something special) and now it's hit you that he's not as committed as you are in this relationship. It's a tough thing to hear, I understand how you feel. You probably feel disenchanted and foolish for having believed in something more for a long time. I think you should tell him straight up "Hey. I've put a lot of effort into our relationship because I've believed for all this time that you were ____________. I was hoping that doing this would lead to us getting closer, etc, etc, etc. Since you said this, I am not sure anymore that _______. I am wondering if _______ and I'd like you to tell me if __________." He gotta know. I think you don't trust him anymore and things can't stay that way if you want things to keep going.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes