My boyfriend is planning on breaking up with me. How to prepare?

My boyfriend and I are planning to meet in a few days to talk. I asked him if he's breaking up with me and he said he rather talk about it in person. What can I say to get him back and how do I prepare for this?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Theres nothing you can say to make someone change their mind if they are already checked out of the relationship.Begging him to do anything other than what he is going to do will only make you look desperate.AND if you two do hang on to the dead relationship,it will be only for a short period of time,and he will just end up dumping you at a later time...a few weeks,a few months etc.The point is...if someone wants to LEAVE you,let him GOOOOOOOOOOO.This person is basically saying they don't want you anymore,and they would rather find someone "better".Why beg someone or try and convince someone that they need YOU?Don't do it girly.Its embarrassing and beneath you.

The dumper usually has the power against the dumpee...that's why he is telling you he will tell you in person.If I were you,I would flip the switch and do something else.I would gather all of his things (that should be given back) and send them to his home,or leave them in the doorway for him to get himself.I wouldn't even meet with him to discuss anything because it won't change the outcome.I would just start moving on.No explanation he can give will make you feel any better about his decision...trust me.Been there,done that.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• You need to know that you're strong and that no matter what you will overcome it and find someone else. I know it seems really hard right now but relationships often are whether they're long lasting or not. You will summon the strength to push on and time does heal all wounds.

0|1
    0|0
  • When you see him. The first words to say is i love you, and then kiss him long and hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with him first

2|0
    0|0
  • Start lining a new guy now.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him you've moved on and you're with another guy

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably should wait until he actually talks to you in person before you go worrying yourself over something that hasn't happened.

0|0
    0|0
    • He is breaking up with me I asked him and he said yes, but he rather talk about it in person.

What Girls Said 7

• Just cry everyday until that day, think of what you always wanted to tell him and your reasons for wanting to work things out and why you both should stay together.

He is not a jerk, he does care for you, he could have not contact you ever again or just text you the break up or some very hurtful way, but no he respects the relationship and wants to talk to you and give you the reasons why. You gotta be mature about it, if you truly care you'll hear him out, I know you don't want the relationship to end but hear him out and then say why you don't wanna break up and why you both shouldn't. Don't leave things you want him to know inside to regret one day, and I don't mean say hurtful things.

All you can do is accept the worst scenario that he is not gonna get back with you. If you want him back one day, speak maturely and understanding with him, let things end on good terms, so maybe one day you can be friends again, and in that time learn and grow from your mistakes in this relationship so you can be a better partner for your next relationship that might or might not be him again.

Don't cry in front of him but you can ask him for a hug and just say " I wish it didn't have to end, you mean the world to me, I am sorry , but maybe we can be friends again one day?"

Learn from the mistakes of your past relationships, they are the key to making the future ones truly last.

Good Luck chic =\. Be strong

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. If he doesn't want to be with you, it's not a good idea to make him stay. He'll just break up with you further down the line when you're even more emotionally attached to him. Just let him go and find someone else.

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh gosh what a jerk. Why not just say it now?

I'd take the reigns in this situation and say:

"look I'm not into this anxiety creation so I'm going to assume it's over. If it's not, you will chase me. If it is, give me space.

Ciao!"

1|0
    0|0
  • :/ sounds like he's already broken up with you, I wouldn't see a point in talking about it in person if he agreed when you asked if he you were breaking up. I would just start getting over him and moving on with life

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't try to get him back, he's made his decision. Instead, prepare yourself for the talk. Picture every possible way it could go. You know him, you know what he's likely to say. Formulate ways to keep yourself composed during the break up. He's going to expect you to cry and beg for him back. Don't do that. Accept the break up. If you ever want to have a chance of getting him back, you have to act like you don't care and you're fine with moving on. So make sure you stay strong during the break up, and don't break down and beg!

Good luck, and I'm sorry this happened!

1|0
    0|0
  • wow @ wander83...I was just about to say that same thing...so Ill say..." dump the dirty douche bag and hook up with wander83...(he's cute)!

2|0
    0|0
  • See him if you want the choice is yours. Sound s like you are certain he is going to. Take charge of the situation to salvage some self esteem

0|0
    0|0
    • Let him go first. Or do it under your terms. Is what I meant by taking charge of the situation

Recommended myTakes