Should I just forgive and forget?

in my past relationship I was with a guy that would call me names and that's the reason I broke up with him, I'm seeing a new guy now and I told him about my ex and the things he did and how much they upset me.

So we recently got into an argument and this new guy told me I was being an idiot and said a few other things like that to me, it really upset me because he told me he'd never say those kinds of things to me.

My question is I know I have issues from my past relationship but am I being too sensitive now and making my new boyfriend suffer for what my ex did? or do I have a right to be this upset about the things he said to me?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly girl I think you have the right to be upset NO guys has the right to call you any names or bring you down,... any guy who does that is a coward you deserve better..if you guys just started dating and he's being like that when he's mad...imagine a few years what he'll act like? I mean if he tol you harsh thingsand he knows how you were treated in your last relationship he shouldn't treat you like that