Boyfriend is OK with other girls piercing but I can't have my own ?

I see all the time how my boyfriend posts girls with tongue rings and their bellies pierced and he told me his last ex had a tongue ring, but lately I've been wanting to pierce my tummy and when I ask him, he gets mad and says I'm a slut and it's so slutty of me. So why is it OK for other girls and his ex to have per icings but I can't ?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think lip rings are really sexy on guys. However, when my partner told me he wanted to get one, I felt really apprehensive about it. I was used to him looking a certain way, so I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it if he changed his appearance. I felt the same way when he decided he wanted to grow a beard, and when he decided he wanted to grow his hair long. I'm attracted to him the way he is, so I'm kind of resistant to him changing his appearance.

That said, I'd never get mad at him for wanting to do these things and I'd never tell him he can't. It's his body, so its his right to do whatever he wants. Even if he wanted to get a face tattoo---I'd probably give him some arguments for why I don't think its a good idea and gently tell him that I'd find it unattractive if he did so, it would still be 100% his decision.

Your boyfriend sounds immature and controlling. He sounds like the type of guy who has the "sluts are okay to f***, but not to date" view of women, which is pretty deplorable. Also, if my partner called me a slut, even once, he'd be out the f***ing door. I wouldn't tolerate it. I mean, maybe I could understand calling your girlfriend a slut if she cheated on you, but over something as benign as a navel piercing? WTF. Getting a piercing does not make someone "slutty".

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Wtf? You're gonna let your boyfriend call you a slut and degrade you simply because you want a piercing? You need to wake up and realize he's a controlling idiot before he starts degrading you even more.

2|1
    0|0
    • This is the first time he ever called me a name. And he apoligized right away. He isn't right to call my a slut, but I forgive him because we make mistakes. If he does it again, yeah I'm going to break up with him.

• Yeah, I guess we will see about that. It's your body, not his. If you want a piercing then get a piercing, it's not like you're getting your face tattoo'd or something.

• He wants you to stand out from the rest of slutty girls who have nothing going on in their lives. Lucky you!

0|0
    1|1
    • Should I be upset that he won't allow it, or be happy that he see's me as more classy than the 'slutty girls' ?

• You already know the answer.

• You need to stand up for your self and tell him you can do what you want. You are a adult and if he dose not like it that's up to him.

But to tell you can't and to call you names is wrong and what's with this it's OK for someone else to get it but not you.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd say just get your belly button pierced its not up to him to decide what you can get pierced or not and my guess is he'll like it , its not a slutty piercing , lots of girls have it and most I see that do are definity not sluts at all lots of average girls have it these days

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I know this answer is already said and done, but a thought came across my mind:

maybe your boyfriend think of his ex in an ill way and maybe he thinks she's a slut, so because she had piercings, he doesn't want you to get them because he thinks they will make you into his ex, which he doesn't want.

just a thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • He called you a slut?! He would be so history. Exactly why are you still with this guy? He seems a bit controlling, If you want to get a piercing then get one. Really now! What's the difference between his ex and the girls he likes having them and you having them. Its your body, its your choice. If he doesn't like your decision, I'm sure he can find the door.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is more his issue than yours, What, he thinks women can only be sluts or "pure little girls" that's kinda outdated and disgusted. I don't know what his issue is but if he gets mad and calls you nasty names over something as little and inconsequential as a conversation over a piercing then he's not good to have around. It's your body and you get final say over what happens to it so do whatever makes you happy, your what early 20's your probably not going to marry him and stay with him for ever, and he can't tell you what to do with your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's controlling and has a Madonna/whore complex.

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds super controlling, but maybe his thought is that he sees the women who have them as slutty/sexy and he doesn't want other guys to look at you like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • But his ex of 2 years had a tongue piercing...so why does he call my slutty when I want it, if she had one too? She cheated on him with 2 guys. but he still liked her tongue ring.. so she can have it, and I cant?

• Show All
    • Well I know for a fact that she never blew him. I was his first , so it couldn't be for that reason. It was a while ago, he was 15 and she was 17 so I can how maybe his views on girls has changed since then :)

• Yeah, if she cheated that probably changed his views too. Idk, if I were you I'd get it anyway because it's your body but I can understand you not wanting to make him angry.

Recommended myTakes