Moving to Ontario and have a ton of questions?

So I'm moving to Ontario in less than a month and I'm sh*t scared haha. I'm originally from Vancouver so I guess I'm not really "foreign" or anything but still! Ontario's HUGE compared to Vancouver. Little New York I think? :p

What is there to do? What should I know? I'll either be moving to Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, or Oshawa. Anyone familiar with these little towns? Anything will help thanks :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you're from Vancouver which is a large city in itself and now your moving to the GTA. You'll be fine in terms of adjusting to whichever region you choose, because Vancouver has a bigger population than any of them. I'm from Toronto, so I don't know much about those towns, but the one time I went to Pickering it was nice, they have a movie theatre and mall and a celebrity (I think it was Phillip Phillips?) went to that mall and did some signing. And if you get bored downtown Toronto isn't far!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• you'll be very close to me lol. I live near pickering and ajax. Anyways, you will find a damn lot to do, especially if you go downtown. I mean, you'll find anything here that you had in Vancouver and more. Homes are cheaper here too. Just stick close to Tim Hortons and TD bank

0|0
    0|1
    • Why TD?

ScotiaBank all the way...

• Show All
    • I know a few people who went to centennial. Its not that bad for what it offers. And don't worry, there's a starbucks at like every square block, especially downtown xD But Tim Hortons is the crowd favorite. You'll never find a tim hortons that does not have a line up

• That is not my experience with TD

• Vancouver is a city. Ontario is a province. I gather you mean you're moving near Toronto, Ontario?

I don't think you'll be bored living in the GTA. Pretty much anything you can think of, you'll be able to find it there. Except mountains. Southern Ontario is flat as a pancake.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not true.

Niagara Escarpment.

It's not the Rockies or the Cascades.. but it isn't a pancake either...

• Yeah, that's true. I'm from Windsor so down here it actually is a pancake. And compared with BC, it's pretty flat.

• I just saw this. I live in whitby, work in toronto.

Pickering, ajax whitby are heavily suburban communities - a large number of the people are commuting in to Toronto. Oshawa is a traditional manufacturing city that's being slowly absorbed into the greater toronto metropolis.

When I moved to whitby, there were no starbucks in whitby (as opposed to where I work, and there's a spot I can stand and see three). But they're popping up everywhere.

GO trains run till 12:15 AM out of downtown toronto heading east. if you miss those and don't have a car, it would get more awkward.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks a ton! :) This is quite random, but can you text the bus stop # or GO train #'s to see when the next one is coming? You can do that here in Vancouver and it is so helpful! Saves so much time

• I think for the TTC there is something like that. GO trains which connect greater Toronto to the core run on a very defined schedule.

• Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, and Oshawa are all in Durham region, which is the east part of the Greater Toronto Area. they are all nice places, Oshawa used be bee known for GM, but now GM is gone, and the city was dead for a bit. but Oshawa is doing vert well now, we have the Durham college/UOIT university. and the Lakeridge health. Durham region is not too far from toronto by driving. its like 24 min. to Scarborough. Pickering/ajax are more diverse in regards to different ethnic groups. Oshawa is getting more diverse, but not as much as of right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Durham Region is the east of the GTA. and its a good place to live, not too far from Toronto Durham region includes Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and Pickering

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought everyone in canada lived in igloos.

0|0
    3|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't really know the east end so much.. but Toronto has all sorts of things to do.. to see...

I honestly think the hardest part, will likely be the Mountains and the Ocean for you.

I'm originally from Nova Scotia.. moved here when I was a little kid.. and I still miss the Ocean...

I feel drawn to water all the time.. the Lake.. rivers...

1|0
    0|1
    • I buy gold from scotiabank. Beyond that though, TD trounces them in customer service!

• I don't know anything about Ontario, but I just wanted to compliment you on your beautiful eyes. Do you model?

0|0
    0|0
    • Aww hun thanks! They're a weird color actually.. like green and orange? I actually got bullied on them a lot as a child because they were "different", only now am I slowly starting to accept them. So that means a lot :) I've been asked to model but I don't know.. I'm scared to? :P

• Show All
    • Thanks honey that means more than you probably know :) Aishwarya Rai?! I've been told I look like her since I was 2 years old haha! My mom always tells me stories of how she'd be pushing me in my stroller and people would stop and take a look at me asking if I'm Aishwarya Rai's sister or something bahahaa. Even now everyone says I look like her, and it's a huge compliment to me not just because she's beautiful, but because I've watched her movies all my life and she's my absolute role model. (:

• That's good, at least you know that. I hope you pursue the modeling carrier.

• Im from the east end of the gta, I sent you a friend request if there's anything specific you want to know feel free to message me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes