Why do girls expect guys to be friends with them after turning them down?

Guys complain about it all the time. "Let's just be friends." But once a guy hears that, the natural idea is to move onto someone else who has potential for more.

Now I have a couple of things to ask about this for girls.

If you give them that line, do you expect them to keep talking to you?

Why are girls bothered by a guy moving on after they basically turned them down?

Why do a lot of girls assume that the guy that moved on after being turned down was only trying to get down her pants? Do girls not realize that they could be looking for a relationship too?

197

Most Helpful Girl

• This drove me crazy with a bunch of my friends. They always had that guy who was absolutely in love with them, but they labelled him as "their best friend". I mean it was pretty obvious this guy had a thing for the girl, and the girls would even go so far as break up with their bf's and spend the night making out with these guys :S (talk about leading them on!).

However, they were never more than just 'friends'. And my friends would always say that the guy was just too good to be more than friends because they were worried about losing this amazing friendship!

But once the guy got tired of being dragged around and decided to move on to someone new, the girl got mad.

I think this sometimes has to do with the fact that the girl just wants attention. She's not really interested, but likes the attention the guy is giving her. The problem occurs when the guy gets tired of pursuing and not getting anywhere, so he decides to find another girl.

Then the guy gets blamed for only wanting one thing with the girl. Now, not all girls do this, but I have seen this with a few of my friends. It was so annoying!

I think if you feel like you are just getting led on, and nothing is really going to come of pursuing a girl, then you need to move on. Don't waste your time.

A girl that is going to play games with you is not worth the trouble. Find a girl who knows what she wants and isn't going to lead you on, or play with your mind for attention. Don't let someone manipulate and hold power over you, try to keep a rational mind and really assess whether this person has the right things to offer in a relationship.

I think that in these types of situations, the guy is also to blame. Partly because the girl gets put on a pedestal. So the guy thinks she can't do anything wrong, when really she is just leading him on.