Ex girlfriend texts me saying "I miss you x"

Links back to my previous question I guess, a bit of background...

split up because she cheated on me and dumped for a guy who is basically twice her age, we had a long distance relationship(started uni), dated for a long time, I have since been moving on with my life, she has previously pushed for friendship between us. This is 2 and half months since the break up we have had 3 weeks of completely no contact. And recently she has contacted me I either don't reply or do very vaguely. I still have feelings for this girl which I'm trying to loose, which is the problem when she keeps contacting me and the most recent above. I guess I want to know her intentions, is she attention seeking cos she's had an argument with the new guy? Or does she truly miss me? Or something else

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I have no way of knowing what her true intentions are. And I have no way of predicting how things will turn out. All I can say is:

- she cheated on YOU

- she left YOU

So from that, it seems pretty plain and simple that she had no intentions of ever coming back or thinking shed miss you because she had another man. Evidently, that new 'preferable' situation went t*ts up and she's trying to collect the scattered debris of your relationship.

Id say you have two options, both with their many individual outcomes:

- ignore her and keep on the path of moving on. Don't risk getting hurt again.

- take her back and run the risk of her hurting you again when she figures out she "misses" the other guy too.

Personally, I say carry on with what you're doing. She was able to cut things off with you remarkably fast and equally as keen to start things over again. It doesn't seem like she has any sort of long term plan in place. Its best for you to leave it alone.