Do girls try to restrain girls who are popular/forward with guys?

I’ve noticed that if a girl is popular with guys, other girls will try to shut her down, for example by calling her a slut. Also girls seem to dislike it when a girl makes the first move instead of waiting for the guy to make the first move, as though that devalues girls as a whole or makes dating harder for other girls. It made me think that sometimes girls seem to operate like a labour union, all agreeing not to outdo each other.

Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• there are two different situations you could be talking about:

there's your normal jealousy with girls who other girls deem prettier than them that get more male attention even if they aren't trying guys just seem to be interested in them... then there are girls who are teases who court male attention cause it makes them feel better about themselves and they will do whatever it takes to get all the male attention away from the other females...the other females might not necessarily want the males attentions but the female working so hard to get it they will come to resent her because of how she acts around men.

I've seen both happen.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not the most attractive person but I tend to just be chill with a lot of guys. I don't use the term, 'slut'. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with sexuality. Just because I casually flirt, that doesn't mean I'm sleeping with them. Girls envy those that can easily talk to guys. I'm not intimidated, I relate to everyone. I play call of duty, Halo, and I still get my nails done. When I like a guy, I go up to them first because I'm a naturally bold person (Aries). Like, it's 2013.. Get with it. I'm 18 and I pay my bills.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Not a bad observation. I guess it's been labelled as "Sisterhood" before. Anyway, yes, women do those kind of thing to other women who are more popular using shaming language usually. This is a natural female thing due to the fierce intra-sexual competition among them. Less popular women, in order to have access to desirable Men, need to lower the value of popular/hot women. This shaming language is also used to lower a Man's value with threats to his masculinity mostly (penis size, not getting laid, being gay, etc). Does this mean women are evil monsters? No, it doesn't. Basic female nature is not our enemy. If anything, we Men just need to be more aware of this in our daily dealings with the opposite sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • girls get jealous and put themselves as priority, guys get angry and put there GROUP in priority,

its hard for a guy to get angry when your mate is succesful as long as it ain't stopping you or your group of mates/team/colleagues/family from being succesful also.

but for most things its very easy for a girl to get jealous. and when you put yourself as priority and you also get jealous, every time a girl outdoes you, you will hate her f***ing guts for it.

then again you don't seem to find girls having a punchup over the football because some other team won. win some you lose some

0|0
    0|0
  • I've noticed this as well. Good looking girls often don't fit in with other girls because they receive too much attention from guys.

This being said, good looking often don't help themselves either by being arrogant or cocky. They end up not having any female friends, befriending guys who just want to get in her pants, becoming more and more lonely when these relationships turn bad, and then in turn making her more defiant and cocky. It can be a vicious cycle.

0|2
    0|0
  • Women that are unpopular with guys will often sabotage the efforts of other women with guys, by shaming those women. It is because other women are the ones calling other women sluts, that so many women still operate under the belief that there is still a double standard in place, that makes a guy cool for sleeping around and a woman a slut. I have heard far more women use the word slut, then I have ever heard from guys.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, I agree. The only guys I've heard use that word are some religious conservative types.

Recommended myTakes