Do girls try to restrain girls who are popular/forward with guys?

I’ve noticed that if a girl is popular with guys, other girls will try to shut her down, for example by calling her a slut. Also girls seem to dislike it when a girl makes the first move instead of waiting for the guy to make the first move, as though that devalues girls as a whole or makes dating harder for other girls. It made me think that sometimes girls seem to operate like a labour union, all agreeing not to outdo each other.

Thoughts?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• there are two different situations you could be talking about:

there's your normal jealousy with girls who other girls deem prettier than them that get more male attention even if they aren't trying guys just seem to be interested in them... then there are girls who are teases who court male attention cause it makes them feel better about themselves and they will do whatever it takes to get all the male attention away from the other females...the other females might not necessarily want the males attentions but the female working so hard to get it they will come to resent her because of how she acts around men.

I've seen both happen.