Guy texts every morning and calls but never has time to hang out. He is busy but I see he makes time for other

I've known this man for many years. And always admired his respect, kindness and great sense of humor. After running into each other a couple years later he mentioned how he has always been interested in me. So we had drinks more then we should have and ended up sleeping together and it was amazing. I could not get him to stop holding cuddling complementing me when we was together, but when he would leave he would text every morning, and talk throughout the day but we would not make plans to get together. The few times we have got together has been like at the spare of the moment and we ended up having sex then it was over and back to everyday text and calls. Or we would go to the same social gathering and all our friends know we where messed around we would end up going home together. I have to mention that this man in the 15 years I have known him he is always alone. Never out with woman and has not had a long term relationship. I'm really the only woman anyone has seen him around. I don't want him to marry me, but I would like him to take me out. He says he shows up to places to see me Because he knows my friends and where ill be but I don't understand why he just can't say if we can go together. I'm so confused and irritated that I told him to loose my number, but I don't want that I like him. Then the next day I told him I care about him, and that I was hurt Because I felt the only time he does anything with me is when we are having sex and I don't want that. I know he is busy and ill just leave it alone. that I had no hard feeling but I needed more. Now I don't know what to do. Do I leave him alone and see if he calls? Or do I contact him again. he's in a social club that I do know and see that is very important to him. And does keep him very busy, but come on am I fooling myself? Please help. If this helps I am 44 and he is 38

11