What are the rules of "taking a break"

I've never been in this situation... What are the rules in a break? We've been together for two years and have been engaged for 7 months. It's gotten rocky lately. It's complicated for us because I love him and I want to be together but I've called a break because he's got to learn to appreciate me if we are going to stay together and I just need some space. Although tears were shed and it was hard to grasp, we've decided to call each other "friends" for now and then get back together in a month to see where we're at then. . There's a lot more to the story but everyone doesn't need to know the whole story.. I just need to know what the rules are if we're not exactly together but we're going to be getting back together.. Most people don't think a break means you can go f*** someone else, do they? That wouldn't be good.

411

Most Helpful Guy

• Having a break should mean to generate a little space and to realize what each of you would feel if they lost the other, but by no means does it mean to go and sleep with someone, because although your on a break, your relationship is not broken, but would be if either one betrayed the other, so to make an effort to fix problems within the relationship by having sex with someone else is just unacceptable. You should both use the time to reflect on the relationship and find each others space, and to realize if either of you miss each other, because this is the first sign of you taking each other for granted, and sometimes, just a little break away from each other can fix this, but never betray one another, not if the plan is to get back together. Your not splitting up, your just doing the mature thing needeed to take the relationship to another level, not to see what it is like to shag someone else,x