What makes a woman lose interest/chemistry with a guy

So I'm trying to figure out what happened with my ex and why I got dumped. When I first met her she was crazy about me as I was her. We were spending the night together, seeing each other a lot and things were going great. After a few months she began to lose interest and even seemed like she was pushing me away. I tried talking to her about it and she just said "I don't know, you're amazing and I know you're like the perfect guy for me. You're smart and funny and attractive and I appreciate everything you do but I just don't feel that strongly for you anymore." I never gave up on her because I fell in love with her. But it seemed like no matter how hard I tried it just wasn't the same. After a year she told me she felt like we were more friends than anything else. She said she used to want to have sex with me but now she has no more desire to. We used to have sex quite often.. but then after a while it stopped altogether.

I was always there for her and was always trying to be a good boyfriend. What happened? Why does she see me as a friend now instead of as a partner? She said herself I didn't do anything wrong.. I know there's no other guys.. we still talk and she's still single. So somebody please explain to me what happened. Is it common for women to lose interest? Was her attraction level just not high enough to make it a long term relationship? Could I have done something different? She was married before so I know she's capable of a long term relationship.. it must be my fault somehow right? I'm so lost. What could I have done differently? Thanks

119

Most Helpful Girl

• Women lose interest for different reasons. Sometimes it's because the guy isn't treating them right, or it's because the guy is showing disinterest.

I know you are in love with her, but maybe she just wasn't feeling it? She has been married before, and with any woman who has been in a long-term relationship, she knows what she wants in life, and more importantly, what she doesn't want.

I don't think it's fair that she didn't explicitly tell you why she lost interest. But really it could be as simple as she just wasn't feeling it anymore. People's tastes and interest levels change. And as hard as it is to hear those words coming from someone you love, it does happen.

If she truly has lost interest, no amount of begging, pleading or talk is going to make her come back.

What you need to do is to stop communicating with her. Give her time to miss you. If she truly loves you, then she is going to come back. If she doesn't come back, as hard as it is to feel, she didn't love you. But at least then you know and you can move on eventually.

I know it's hard, I've had people fall out of love with me too. It does happen to both genders. But the good thing is that you now have a chance to possibly meet a girl who is going to be crazy about you too! And stay crazy about you!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • is it possible that even she doesn't know why she was doing that?