Should I tell him how I feel or just move on with my life and stop hurting myself?

There is this guy.. we have been friends for a year now. we used to talk almost everyday. I don't know what we are. sometimes it feels like we are friends sometimes more than friends and sometimes just strangers. its kind of frustrating considering that I like him a lot. the thing is I don't how he feels about me. I'm afraid to ask and to tell him my feelings. all I can think about is him. it's frustrating because deep inside I have the feeling that he is using me as a distraction. should I tell him how I feel or just move on with my life and stop hurting myself?

02