Having trouble caring about girls?

Recently I've become aware that I have started to care a lot less about girls problems and I feel as if this might hurt my dating life. Girls seem to create and exaggerate their problems often just to get attention. Often they come running to me to be their white knight or show some kind of compassion.

But, lately I'm really cold and think they did it do themselves. Girls do I have a warped perception or is this kinda correct?

For instance a girl friend didn't like being with her boyfriend so she dumped him. But, she started sulking and saying things like he started talking to his ex right after and he didn't care...she dumped him he can do what he wants. Why does she care? Except she was coming to me for sympathy because he moved on...I pretty much ignored her and said you dumped him, he can do what he wants.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha yeah girls do this sometimes, but the drama threshold depends on the person of course. Consider going out with girls in engineering or some other science. They are less...umm...feelings-centered? They are trained to make objective decisions and enjoy thinking with the logical side of their brain (or else they'd be taking art classes). Therefore, if you want girls with less drama, gravitate to girls in fields that require them to take themselves and their emotions out of the equation in order to function.

• See I don't mind feelings...I just want them to be legit and serious. It's just where they complain and exaggerate to noticed or attention that drives me crazy.

• I gotcha - well in that case, try girls who have introverted tendencies. At 25-29, most of them have (hopefully) gotten to the point where they are pretty comfortable in most social situations and are good conversationalists, but they do not have that "natural"-girl tendency to be addicted to attention. Introverts tend to be great friends and fun to date, because they are naturally observant and less self-focused. Keep looking :) Not all girls exaggerate stuff like you've described!

• I seem to be drawn to soccer players...they have sorta a natural athletic body, but I think like you saidthey seem to me to be less self focused. I guess in a way tom boyish which makes sense.thanks good answer.