Can moving too slow turn a girl off?

If a guy moves too slow in the relationship, mainly physically, can that turn a girl off?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Kinda. It might make me think he's not into me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cheers for BA!

• you could just ask. or continue seeing him unless he says he's not interested. why do you have to rush in order to have confidence?

• I never said I wouldn't. But having to do so means that I've had a confused response to his behavior /motivations.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Yes and no lol,girls don't like it when you go to fast because it feels like you are pressuring them and you only want to "play", and no,girls want a little bit of a tease so they know something will happen in the future,but going to slow is a turn off because some girls feel like they are waiting forever and they want something to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. I prefer it.

anyways no one person goes slow. its a joint effort if I wanted things to speed up id give it a try. and if he wasn't ready he'd tell me and wed slow down. and vice versa. otherwise its not a functional relationship. its just guessing, not communicating. just being neurotic.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you consider to be too slow? If she's serious she'll probably appreciate and respect your wanting to take things slow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no, going to fast is also like "woah, slow down" so just pace yourself and get to know the person before jumping on them :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't turn me off, it would just make me feel like he wasn't into me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some serious girls really appreciate it if you move slowly in the physical portion of the relationship, especially if she asks for a slow pace. My first boyfriend said he would be patient when I asked for a slow pace but he never actually was. He kept pushing to do something new (physically) for over the span of 30 min - 2 hours each time I saw him in the beginning of the relationship. I was a pushover, especially because he was the first guy that I liked enough to do the physical part with anyway (I was 20 at that time) and I knew that he knew that so I resented him for it for a while. However, I agree that I must take some of the blame too. I also eventually found that he was a hypocrite in other aspects as well anyway.

Anyway, since we moved so fast in the beginning, it fizzled out really quickly. Plus he focused way too much on the physical portion in the beginning of the relationship that we didn't get to know each other very well. We didn't have much to talk about later on because he wouldn't try as hard as before to communicate after he had physically gotten what he had wanted. We still had some topics that we knew we could talk about based on the one month superficial friendship we had before we started a relationship. Other than those few topics, we don't have that much in common. It would have been nice to know that early on.

In summary, I would have really appreciated it if the guy moved really slowly in the physical aspect of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend is a jerk and makes me beg for it. LOL.

So I think, depending how you go about it, it can be a massive turn-on.

0|1
    0|0
    • so why are you dating him?

• He is metaphorically a jerk. I am actually a very inexperienced girl and said I wanted to wait, so he reinforces it, even when I step out of line and start wanting something.

I am dating him because of that, he is truly a nice guy. I don't think you understood what I meant.

What Guys Said 1

• No. It depends upon each person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes