Should I move to the City?

Right now, I live in a rather upscale suburb where I grew up. Almost everyone has families and have settled down. So everyone has kinda their own thing going. We all dissipate into our own little cocoons. There aren't many places to just hang out, and all of my friends recently moved away.

My sister, meanwhile, lives in Indianapolis. Used to live on Broadripple, which was a long strip of bars, clubs, caf├ęs, shops, etc. It was all accessible by foot. and her house was right across the street.

I'm really interested in meeting new people. At home, there's nothing to do but work, then sit on the computer for hours on end. And when I moved back here for the summer, I figured I would have to buckle down and get used to the boredom.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• There's more excitement living in the city and lots more options but its more expensive as you live closer to the city core and entertainment areas but its more accessible.

Find a dense city with good public transit and community planning. That way you get the best of both worlds. You don't have to live in downtown but any well-though out community will have local restaurants, pubs, cafes, shops, libaries, and community centers and its all within walking or biking distance. Good public transportation systems like light rail, bus networks, subways mean you can easily get your drunk ass home after a night of partying in the entertainment district! :D