No Strings Attached...

--Guys only please--:

Scenerio: A guy acquaintance and I had a "no strings attached'' arrangement..This ended 2 years ago(he has a girlfriend).Our physical relationship had ended but we still kept in touch through online chat.We have always chatted online and have continued to this day to do so quite frequently.This has been going on since the no strings attached had ended.A lot of our conversations back then were very flirtatious, sexual,fun,etc.And still are till this very day..However it doesn't go any further than that.We have always talked like this to each other even right before we hooked up for the very first time two years ago.

Why does he still chat me up like we did when we were friends with beneifits? If it were you what would be the reasons and why would he still even bother with me anymore now that we're no longer sleeping together?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• One of two possibilities:

- He genuinely sees you as a friend, and since you've already actually had sex, you don't have the sex issue getting in the way. He probably just genuinely likes your company. It's the exception to the rule, but it happens.

or

- What is probably less likely, but still possible, is that he's keeping you on the "back burner" in case it doesn't work out with his girlfriend. In that case, he'd hope to be able to transition back to a FWB with you pretty quickly if that happened. I think this is less likely because he probably wouldn't be making nearly as much effort to stay in contact with you if he didn't like you as a friend, but there ARE a few guys who are just that obsessive about not losing anything once they have it, even a FWB.