Girlfriend still has pictures for ex boyfriend on Facebook ?

So me and my girlfriend have been dating since November, and she still has pics of her and her ex in the bed, and kissing and stuff, is it a bad idea to tell her to remove them ?

Updates:
I kinda brought it up and she asked me if it bothers me and I said yes.

Also its not the regular pics that bother me, its the ones that theyre kissing or in the bed after sex

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't tell her to remove them, trust her! She's with you and yes, at one point those pictures were probably meaningful to her but she's focused on you so you shouldn't "make her" take them down.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• FB is like, a journal of your life...

Just because that chapter is done, doesn't mean it never happened...

2|1
    2|3
    • How do you know the pics are "after sex" pics?

Is she covered in Jizz? if it was you in those pics, would that make them ok?

• Show All
    • Even if you get married...

many marriages end in divorce...

and well, women live longer then men...

• Why so negative :o

• She should take off the pictures of her and her ex boyfriend. Maybe she has him there to remind her that she still loves him and wants to cherish the time they spent together. I think it would be a good idea to not order her to take them off but to calmly bring it up in a conversation. If she loves you and wants to be with you, I'm sure she'll understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay from a girls perspective.. dump he. When a Girl goes through a break up they remove pictures probably almost within two days post break up unless she's not over him. Sorry but it's not a good sign

0|0
    0|0
  • Approach it casually if it bothers you, she'll probably take the hint. It's possible she forgot to remove them, depending how it ended she might not have deleted them out of rage or anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • From personal experience, I had my boyfriend over and I was showing him something in a folder and I skipped by a picture of my ex that I had completely forgot was there. It wasn't kissing or anything, just him alone, but I promptly deleted it.

I think you may have something more to worry about if she doesn't delete them.

• You do not have the authority to tell her to do everything. Ask her nicely and she will probably oblige :)

0|0
    0|1
  • no it's not a bad idea at all she should remoove them emidiatly she is taken now it's your right!

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell her. That's not right of her.

0|0
    0|0
  • no tell her any thing that makes uncomfortable

0|1
    0|0
  • Major red flag, ex did that only to find out they never broke up he was just using me to fulfill his needs when she wasn't. He never left her they were just distant for a while

0|1
    0|0
  • She's not over him

0|0
    0|0
  • She clearly isn't over him

0|1
    0|0
  • let her know you know about them and see what she does...

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just Facebook. Get over it.

1|0
    3|1
    • You wouldn't be saying this if the gender roles were reverse.

• My stance remains the same regardless of gender roles.

Keep that assumptive and condescending attitude to yourself.

• Tell that to the three other people who voted you down.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes it is a very bad idea. I'll explain why.

Your girlfriend just like everybody else alive (including you) has a past. This past consists of experiences and relationships(any kind) with other people resulting in memories of people and events, good and bad. Now photos are part of these memories and of course pictures.

Meaning your girlfriend has pictures of her ex because these are memories of her past and it's not fair of you to ask her to forget these memories or suppress them. You don't actually heave to share her memories because they are her memories and let them stay that way or if you wish you can share in some of them. But my advice would be for you to guys to try and make some of your own present memories that you both can remember. I have never asked my girlfriends to forget their past relationships and have never taker allowed anybody to tell me to forget a part of my past. But I try to be fair to them and not stick stuff in their faces and for now it's worked out fine.

Good luck :)

1|1
    0|0
  • They probably either have something still going on or she isn't over him. Now looking at it logically maybe she doesn't go onto FB much. However if she is a regular and hasn't deleted them and made sure your pics take priority than yes you can tell her you feel uneasy that they are still there.

1|0
    0|0
  • all these "memories" type posts seem illogical. I mean, there is a such a thing as saving them to your computer or printing them off if you ever want to look at them. Why have them broadcasted to the world? clearly somethings off

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldent know from experience but id tell her to take them down if it was me personally and if she said no or some bs answer why id probably dump her on the spot

0|1
    1|0
  • Heck no I believe she's cheating on you to be 100% honest. Who keeps pictures of the ex's on FB since November? Red Flag.

0|0
    0|0
  • You think that's bad? Mine still has toys and gifts that her ex gave her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not think that it is about being over him or not. More to the point, I think that asking her to remove them would be a mistake. If my girlfriend/wife asked me to remove the ones I have on my FB of quite a few of my ex-s (and their children) then she would have a fight on her hands. They are more then just ex-s. They are people. People that I love or have loved, a part of me and of who I am, what I am. Past, present and future.

I see a lot of questions on here about problems that couples have. Quite frankly, I have NEVER had any of them. Why or how? Easy. I never go to bed mad or sleep apart (unless we are separated due to work). I do not lie. Finally, talk. Communication and honesty will solve all your relationship problems. The results may not be what you want but you will be surprised at how easy things become.

What does making her remove the pictures do for you? If she is still interested in him, taking pictures off FB won't change anything. Does she have pics of you and her on there? Do you let her take pictures and post them? Will the resulting argument be worth it, and there will be one. Does she list you or him under relationship status?

Jealousy, demanding, arguing, distrust and a lack of communication will end any relationship. That one simple request can invoke all of these thus ending your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would take pix with the girlfriend that are maybe a small notch more sexy and "perfect couple" type compared to her pix with her ex, and have her post them on FB and tag - or you post them and tag her (with her permission).

If she is perfectly fine giving those the same visibility on her profile, all is well.

If she refuses or gives any BS excuses, well, you can either drop her right then or consider this a FWB relationship from that point forward.

0|0
    0|0
    • Trying to 'one up' the photos that are there are childish and immature. You want to post pics that gets the point across, post pics of how happy he makes HER.

• The reality is if what makes her happy are NO pix with this guy but some pix with her ex then the answer would be clear.

I agree it is best to make each other happy in a mutually respectful and loving relationship. But if she is using this guy as a rebound relationship, she deserves correspondingly less.

Recommended myTakes