Am I being too sensitive?

I used to work with the guy I am seeing. I went for cocktails with some friends from the old company and two of my ex colleagues were introducing me as the guy I am seeings girlfriend. I denied it.

I explained to him today what happened, just so he knew, and the last thing he said was 'that must have been embarrassing for you' ? I'm kinda pissed cos I thought maybe he would use this opportunity to say ' how about you become my girlfriend' bearing in mind after 8 months we have not established what our status is(more he hasnt)Is this stupid of me? Am I overreacting?
So I said it was kind of embarrassing but it would make sense. He asked what would so I said we should talk about it. He hasn't responded.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait. Let me get this straight.

A. You've been seeing this guy for 8 months, and haven't bothered making anything official or whatnot.

B. You got introduced as his girlfriend while he wasn't around.

C. You denied it.

D. You then had to go tell said guy how you had been called his girlfriend, and you denied being his girlfriend.

E. Somehow you're angry that after you denied being his girlfriend, and then had to go tell him how you denied being his girlfriend, he didn't decide to ask you to be his official girlfriend?

And women wonder why guys don't take them seriously.

• LOL when you put it that way.

A. I've told him how I feel a few months back, he wanted to see how things went. I haven't brought it up since.

B and C. I denied it because he hasn't asked me. He knows how I feel so its on him.

D. I didn't want him to think I'm going around saying its official when we/he hasn't decided. If he hadn't said about it being embarrassing for me I'd be fine- I feel like he's saying I should be embarrassed cos it ain't gonna happen.

• It's just not happening, then. It's been almost a year, and he hasn't decide if you two are "girlfriend and boyfriend"? That decision is usually made after date 5, I think. It's not a marriage proposal. And if he's waited this long--it's not going to happen. Move on if you want something solid.

• He's said he thinks we should just see each other. That's the most I've gotten from him. Oh and also he thinks I'm special.maybe you're right.