What is the reason for this break up?

We were together for a little over a year and a half.

We're good. I love him and He loves me. We both care about each other a lot and whatnot. Our paths are very different. He's... not exactly the most future driven person, and doesn't exactly hang with the right crowd. I have a pretty set goal for my future. I tried to talk him out of his habits but ... he's a pretty stubborn guy. He ddid get a bit better about it and is slowly moving away from bad things but other than not letting me be near such things, he is still a part of the lifestyle.

Nonetheless, he's gone this summer, will be back in a month, but a couple weeks after that, he's moving away for good. We did talk about breaking up with the distance and all but that was going to happen when he was moving away for good, not right now.

He tells me he feels worried every moment thinking about me possibly cheating on him or going behind his back for things. I assure him over and over that is not the case and he knows that but he can't help feeling anxious.

He tells me when he's with me there are anxieties over possibilities of him hurting me, and not by him being disloyal or anything, but I'm assuming its his lifestyle that might taint me.

He doesn't want to stress over such things and wants to take that break early on.

It kills me that he feels that way and no matter what I say, he just says he's sorry he feels that way too. He knows there's nothing to worry about, but there's always that lingering fear he says. He says I'm perfect for him and he loves me and he always will, but he just feels stressed by whatever this "feeling" is.

I still don't understand to full extent what such "feeling" is...

Can someone tell me? Anyone with similar experiences? What should I do?

11