How to deal with a situation like this?

My ex had moved away to go to school. We were both fine with ending our relationship, so there was no bad falling out. We kept in touch every so often sending texts or calling each other occasionally.The thing that bothers me is about a month ago he texted me saying he was passing through the city to a town 3hrs away and wanted to meet up. I agreed seeming that he wanted to catch up. By the end we ended up having sex. He ended up leaving a few days later for his job. We have been keeping in contact and seeing each other for the past month but I don't understand how our relationship stands. Are we back together? Are we friends with benefits? I have asked him about it and all he replies is "I don't know". What is your take on this? Do you think we are back together or just friends? How could I get him to give me an honest answer? Any help is appreciated.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• You want him to give you an honest answer about your current relationship, and yet you don't know either. It's entirely likely that he is being honest in saying he doesn't know. Under the circumstances, it seems reasonable that neither of you would really know. The question I would ask yourself is what do you want the relationship to be. Whoever comes to a firm decision about what they want will have more influence on the direction of the relationship. If neither of you makes a decision, the relationship with chart its own course.