How to deal with a situation like this?

My ex had moved away to go to school. We were both fine with ending our relationship, so there was no bad falling out. We kept in touch every so often sending texts or calling each other occasionally.The thing that bothers me is about a month ago he texted me saying he was passing through the city to a town 3hrs away and wanted to meet up. I agreed seeming that he wanted to catch up. By the end we ended up having sex. He ended up leaving a few days later for his job. We have been keeping in contact and seeing each other for the past month but I don't understand how our relationship stands. Are we back together? Are we friends with benefits? I have asked him about it and all he replies is "I don't know". What is your take on this? Do you think we are back together or just friends? How could I get him to give me an honest answer? Any help is appreciated.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You want him to give you an honest answer about your current relationship, and yet you don't know either. It's entirely likely that he is being honest in saying he doesn't know. Under the circumstances, it seems reasonable that neither of you would really know. The question I would ask yourself is what do you want the relationship to be. Whoever comes to a firm decision about what they want will have more influence on the direction of the relationship. If neither of you makes a decision, the relationship with chart its own course.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I think 'I don't know" IS an honest answer. He didn't plan on what happened. It was spontaneous, bottled-up affection.

When you never formally broke up, but just separated due to his moving away, you have to expect all the affection you havfe to surge forward when yu finally do get together.

Enjoy it for whatever it is. I wouldn't know hos to classify your relationship either...

But does it HAVE to have a name? Why not just appreciate what you have?

0|0
    0|0
  • talk to himand if you are having sex then you guys may be friends with benefits

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you know what you want either. He's probably not sure what it is either. When you make up your mind on what you want and if you want the relationship back, then you can ask him properly what he wants, just make sure you get an answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • he gave you an honest answer he doesn't know,he is straddling the fence,don't give him that pleasure ,tell him if he is not in 100% he can't be in at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Well make up a decision what YOU want this relationship to be and ask him is he's fine with that. It's not only his duty to know where the relationship stands you know.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes