What would you do if your girlfriend cheated on you?

What would you do if your girlfriend cheated on you? A girl cheated on her long term boyfriend but when he found out he brokeup with her. She was talking about changing things and that she did not know why she did it. If you cheat and your boyfriend found out how is that a mistake? Why you concern about his feelings now?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Long term? If she's been with me long term, she has no excuse to cheat. I'd break up with her. If you cheat and he finds out, that's not a mistake. The relationship was the mistake. You wouldn't be concerned about his feelings, you'd be concerned about losing his attention and losing his love. Because if you're willing to cheat on someone, you didn't love them that much anyway, just the attention and whatever you were getting from them.

Cheating isn't acceptable even in short term. If you are in an open relationship, that's different and the only exception. But there's no such thing as a truly "open" relationship, is there? Someone's always going to get hurt or jealous about the other. So if you cheat, you're screwed and would deserve it. The worse thing that happens to you is you lose someone who loved you, and you gain someone who is willing to help you cheat and cheat on you. No matter what, you lose if you cheat.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• The second after I found out, our relationship would be over permanently. No second chances.

Before I start a relationship with a girl, we talk about our expectations, negotiate any "rules" and limitations, and I make it clear that certain things are deal-breakers (and usually, so does she). I assure you, none of it would be any surprise to her if it ever happened, because she has no doubt about how I would react.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would get appropriately upset and threaten to break up with her. I might just do it if its a dumb excuse like she just liked some one else too much. To me it just shows she can't control herself, and she never liked me that much to do it with someone else even if its not sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would dump her and cut all ties with her. She said she was going to change? No, cheaters don't change. It's even more insulting that she didn't know why she did it. In essence, she doesn't even know why she's hurting someone she cares about, but doesn't it anyways.

Well, if that other guy was so important to her that she would hurt the person she cared about, then the boyfriend should leave and find someone who cares about him.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was a one time thing like a one nighter I would probably forgive her. If I found out about an ongoing thing I would leave her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would dump her. Cheating is a total deal-breaker.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes