How do you get over a girl?

I fell in love with a girl last summer. She's amazing. Smart, funny, outgoing, beautiful and comes from a great family.

Problem is there was love on my end and like on her end. It didn't last more than a few days after she came back from summer break (We were driving back and forth to see each other over break).

Now, a year later, I had become really good friends with her seeing as we had 6 classes together over the last two semesters. She's seen multiple guys and I've seen multiple girls.

Then the other day she changed her Facebook status to "in a relationship" and all those bottled up feelings came back and kicked me in the gut. I can't think about anyone or anything else other than her.

I deleted my Facebook and twitter so I don't have to see her on social media all the time, but I still cannot stop wanting her.

I thought I had gotten past all of this last September, but I guess I was wrong. Any suggestions?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• As hard as it may be just be completely upfront with her one last time, so that there are no "what ifs," then join a sports team or some other group activity where you're often surrounded by lots of fun people. Cudos for getting rid of your social media accounts. :) Can you answer mine please?

For the past 2 days I've only texted my boyfriend to reply to his texts, but he still seems to not be putting in as much effort. If I were to not answer my phone for a whole day (without warning him before hand), do you think that he would "wake up," and be like on his game more?

• I would do that if I were you. If he doesn't notice or care then obviously there's a bigger issue than just effort.