what do i do in this situation?!? :/

So my boyfriend goes to a community college right now and he only lives like 20 minutes away from me. Things were going great, we had a fabulous and strong relationship but then he changes his major and he has the choice to either take the required classes at the community college or MSU. Obviously he wants to go to MSU which is 96 miles away from me. I asked him how this is going to change us, and he said it wouldn't. He said that we would still each other like once every other week and that we aren't going to break up. I just don't know what to do...Long distance relationships aren't my thing but I love the guy...like he's heart set on this and to be honest, I don't want him to go which is selfish of me. I told him I'd support him in his decision and try to make this work..we've been dating for 7 months when he leaves. So I know he's going to want to do what college kids do. He's still a virgin so I know sex won't be a problem but earlier in our relationship I caught him sending inappropriate messages to his ex...how do I know this isn't going to happen again? like him finding a different girl. I just don't know what to do :/ while that happened this guy that I used to like before my boyfriend started texting me again and said that he still likes me,...this just happened all at once! I just don't know what to do...

What Guys Said 1

• Your boyfriend is mistaken; long-distance relationships rarely survive. Here is what will happen: For the first 1-2 months you'll see each other every other week, then it will be once a month, and then... well, you get the idea. If he only plans to be at MSU for a few months, that can work, but if he'll be there for the next few years, he's in denial if he thinks that's going to work.

• He'll be there for a year but I didn't want to deal with it so I just ended it :p

What Girls Said 0