What should I expect now that I told my ex about my miscarriage?

We broke up 4 days ago and today... I told him why I had been acting strange. After a while he was able to get the full truth out of me. He wouldn't look at me trying not to cry. I make number 3 when it comes to girls that have miscarried with him. He told me that he must be cursed and that it wasn't my fault. I felt so bad, but I couldn't bare holding it in... It has been two weeks since I miscarried and since we had broken up and decided to stay friends we still talk to each other. The only reason that I told him was because it made sense to get everything out in the open, so that there would be no feelings of resentment. As we walked to the car we hugged and he hugged me again, kissed my cheek and said, "I love you". I can tell that he really loves me, but we just can't be together right now.

I don't know what to expect from him now. I understand that we aren't getting back together, but I made his so sad. My mind hasn't been on the baby that I lost, but the man that lost me and his baby. What do you think will happen with us?

He told me not to break contact with him and that he expects big things from me in the future. I shouldn't expect anything, right? My goal was to alleviate harsh feelings, but I fear I might have done something wrong.

137

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been throught the same thing and if I can give you any advise. It would be to wright him a hand written letter and send it to him. Express all your thoughts and feeling that you can't when you see him face to face or on the phone! Tell all your thoughts feelings sadness and most of all tell him you love him. Because it sounds like you really do. However you won't be able to heal without having distance between y'all since your broken up. So give your self a month free from him. Then talk again. Who know what your future could hold. It's hard but I wish someone would have told me that. I kept talking and it turned into blaming and me and my exact kit even friends anymore.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is really strange, before I read this answer I was actually trying to sit down and write a letter to him. So far I just keep giggling to myself about them, because we never actually had a bad time. Thanks for the advice :) I think you are right about distancing myself for now

• Good luck! :)