How can I encourage my boyfriend to be in photos?

Me and my ex were ALWAYS taking pictures... I like that I have all of these lovely memories of us now, and It helps me remember our relationship and all of the good points.

With my current boyfriend, we've been together 2 years, but I'd be surprised if there were even 5 photos of us together after all this time. We've gone away on holidays a few times, but he makes me feel awkward bringing the camera out, as he doesn't like getting his photo taken exactly...

He's not the best looking guy, maybe why he's self conscious, but I don't care about that, to me he's fine! I feel we're missing the playful, youth-like sweetness in our relationship, and taking photos is one of those cute things in my opinion...

How do I even approach this?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Make him feel encouraged, tell him you want to hold onto these memories and look back together on those photos with him. Sadly for him, if he isn't best looking, he may despise even looking at photos of himself and feel even more bad. Maybe he is worried you show other people the photos? Either way, encourage him, ask him why doesn't he actually like it, keep bothering him till it comes out. And once you get the answer, re-assure him and promise you won't do what actually bothers him or if it is about him being self-conscious, then just keep the photos to yourself.