How can I encourage my boyfriend to be in photos?

Me and my ex were ALWAYS taking pictures... I like that I have all of these lovely memories of us now, and It helps me remember our relationship and all of the good points.

With my current boyfriend, we've been together 2 years, but I'd be surprised if there were even 5 photos of us together after all this time. We've gone away on holidays a few times, but he makes me feel awkward bringing the camera out, as he doesn't like getting his photo taken exactly...

He's not the best looking guy, maybe why he's self conscious, but I don't care about that, to me he's fine! I feel we're missing the playful, youth-like sweetness in our relationship, and taking photos is one of those cute things in my opinion...

How do I even approach this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Make him feel encouraged, tell him you want to hold onto these memories and look back together on those photos with him. Sadly for him, if he isn't best looking, he may despise even looking at photos of himself and feel even more bad. Maybe he is worried you show other people the photos? Either way, encourage him, ask him why doesn't he actually like it, keep bothering him till it comes out. And once you get the answer, re-assure him and promise you won't do what actually bothers him or if it is about him being self-conscious, then just keep the photos to yourself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Some people are just not photogenic. I am the same and I hate photos of myself.

It has nothing to do with being self counscious, it's just irritating to be on a photo when you are not photogenic (which means you are one of these people that look much uglier on photo than in real life for some weird reasons. It's not a matter of perception, it's a fact. That's why the term exist).

There is not much you can do.

0|0
    0|0
  • make it a part of your sex life. but of coures, your camera. your hard disk (noone knows what can happen afterall). and he'll gradually fell for it, if he combine it with something he likes... and also plant him the thought that in the exact same way his casual photos will be personal and he will finally take liberties with it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him you want to take photos of him because he's so handsome.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Some people just really don't like having their photo taken. I know I definitely don't. And I don't think you necessarily have to have photos to remember good times. You can do that perfectly well without. If he doesn't want his photo taken, then maybe take photos more of the place you're in or things you're doing. You'll connect with that and remember your time with him just as much from them as one of the two of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always hate when I'm out somewhere having a good time and someone insists on stopping and taking a million pictures. It's kind of annoying!

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him how much it means to you and he'll come around or you can get him to be closer by making a wish on this site. I know it sounds stupid but try it for yourself I made several wishes and they all came through. could be coincidence but I'm not sure the site is called.

real-wishes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes