Am I right to be a little angry about my boyfriend working so much?

Ok so let me start by giving a little background info. My boyfriend and I are both 23. We have been together for 6 months. I just graduated from college and am taking a semester off before grad school. My boyfriend only completed a semester of college and works part-time (though he still works 40 hrs a week- it's still a part-time position) at a retail store. He has been given a lot of responsibility and is a very hard worker.

His entire 6 years there he has rarely taken off. This summer we planned on spending a lot of time at the beach. He said "i don't mind taking off, just tell me when... I don't care if it's a lot, the managers here use me anyway, I have a lot of vacation time (80hrs) plus I never take off so it's no big deal.

So we took off for two mini trips-- one for 3 days and one for 5 days. I have a beach house so it's free and open to use whenever! It's not like we have to pay. We planned on taking off more... but then...

I asked him when else we were going to go to the beach and he tells me today he "can't be taking off that much." He is applying for a full-time position within the same store-- that would give him the same 40 hours, 6 days a week, a 60 cents raise and guaranteed hours. However, that full time job comes with full time responsibilities, he wouldn't be able to take off as much as he could now (as a part-time employee).

We talked about him going back to school and he agreed he'd go for a trade in the fall. It bothers me that he promised me he'd spend a lot of the summer at the shore with me and take off whenever I wanted...now he says the complete opposite.

I don't want him to get stuck at this job working full time. He already does so much for them I don't even think this position and raise is worth the responsibility he will take on.

He claims he never wants to be like his father and work crazy hours, putting his family second to work but I already see that happenin. He works 6 days, 40 hours. It's already hard enough finding time to hang. He isn't pressed for cash either. Then it would be a completely different story but money isn't the issue here.

So yeah I'm a little pissed because now he's ruining my summer plans and going back on everything he originally said.

11