Why won't this end? Help and Advice please!

Okay, so I broke up with him just over two weeks ago ( We'd been together for just over 2 years, living together for 8 months). My reasons were many ( he wasn't working/ was dragging his feet looking for work, he'd cheated during our first year together, moved in together before I was ready, a thousand unintentional slights that built up) but mostly because I don't think he's mature in the ways I need him to be and I think we're better off as friends.

Only a few days after the break up he was back on the online dating site we met on and chatting with a few women ( plural) all the while insisting he wants nobody else but me, doesn't want to date anybody else and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep me ( even keep dating after he moves out, something he previously said he'd never ever do). I confronted him about this the other day and he said he did it to hurt me and because he felt rejected. To me, this is a huge insult and very disrespectful. He was doing this under my roof, sometimes when I was just in the other room. I told him that I couldn't even think about dating him anymore and we should work on our friendship. He's a great guy in a lot of ways and I don't want to lose his friendship. I still love him but not in the romantic way that he wants me. He keeps telling me he loves me and asking what he did/why we broke up. We've talked( a lot) and been over all that many many times. I'm so tired of talking when it never goes anywhere.

So, how do I get him to understand that I don't want a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship anymore? It just wasn't working out and we're both walking different paths in life. I've tried being honest and telling him the truth ( except for the not mature stuff, he would not take that well). I can't keep looking into those puppy dog eyes knowing that I could completely crush him if we don't get back together. I feel stuck either way. Help me get out of this.

20