Feeling lost. Need some advice!

I'll try to make this short:

- I had a guy best friend for over 3 years (I had feelings for him in the beginning but that has since faded to 'friend love')

- he got a girlfriend 8 months ago, and didn't speak to me the whole time they were dating

- they broke up a few weeks ago so he started talking to me again, and went as far to invite me to an event he was MCing

- I went to the event, and everything was fine, until his ex showed up. Once she got there, he wouldn't even look at me and all of my happiness about having my friend back faded

- I wanted so badly to ask him what happened, but he texted me after and seemed normal so I just let it go

- then, I got some medical results back that I had been waiting for. I didn't want to tell him because I wasn't sure about where we stood. I gave up and ended up telling him, and now he hasn't spoken to me. For 2 days I have been making myself sick with worry and exhaustion. I'm tired and I just want my friend

- even if him and his ex get back together, I truly do still want to be his friend. I don't think that's too much to ask. What do I do now? Where do I go from here?

11