With your most recent breakup, do you feel the failed relationship was more the fault of YOU or YOUR EX?

1) Take back yourself back in time, and think about your most recent relationship that ended.

2) Think about the circumstances of how, and why, the relationship ended.

3) After thinking about #1 and #2, who do you feel was more "to blame" why the relationship ended; you or your ex?

4) Why do you think you, or your ex, were more to blame for the relationship ending? What did you, or your ex, do or not do, that made the relationship ultimately end? Feel free to go anonymous if you need the protection to get into detail in your answer.

NOTE: feel free to refer to the above numerical system to organize your answer if you so choose.

• I have to admit, I was more at fault for the relationship failing
  • I genuinely feel my ex was more at fault for the relationship failing
  • In my opinion it was exactly 50-50 blame between the two of us why the relationship failed
    Vote C
  • I have never been in a relationship so I've never experienced a break-up
    Vote D

3214

Most Helpful Girl

• It was his fault. He wanted to keep me because he knew I was the girl he wanted to marry, but he simply wasn't ready for that sort of commitment yet. So he wasn't as dedicated, loyal, or faithful as he should have been. He was trying to have his cake and eat it too. When I grew insecure of his behavior, he furthered blamed me for the toll that insecurity took on our relationship.

I eventually ended our relationship right after he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, I met up with the hot bartender that night, can you blame me though!? She was hot, and it was just a competition between guys." I'd never heard anything like that come out of his mouth before, but it sure explained a lot. It explained why his words sounded loyal, but his actions weren't. It helped that a couple weeks prior, he stood me up to go drink with his friends, and then came home verbally combative in a drunken rage. I'd never seen THAT out of him either. All new behavior.

Needless to say he's single now. Which is how he should remain for a while until he faces his demons.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Don't you love when they do all sorts of horrible crap (regarding infidelity or his driving "urge" to be with other women) then he calls you insecure? It's a shoddy way of avoiding blame for his actions...

• Sounds like he was a stereotypical college dude...he likes you, but not enough to turn down other females of interest. :-/

I've seen girls at my uni act the same way, that's why when I was an undergrad I didn't date alot; everyone seemed to be using their bfs and gfs to sap attention from, instead of committing to each other.