Is it easy for you to move on after being rejected?

Or being friend zoned? is it easy for you to move on to someone else? or is it difficult for you?

811

Most Helpful Guy

• God I wish people would stop saying friend-zoned. Friend-zoning is not what people make it out to be, and it's not what people mistake it for.

People are usually just using it when they were pissed off that the girl didn't jump his bones for being a friend. Then they treat it like it's the most insulting "fuck you" of a consolation prize, and that the girl just did this so she can suck your money out of the bank and emotionally torture you. It never occurs to them that maybe they like you, but are just not into you, or never saw you that way, and in no way is this a statement about whether you're good enough.

I could go on, but I won't. I'll just link you to my previous rant on that subject, and move on. ( link )

With my little friend-zone rant out of the way, I would like to say (in case you hadn't guessed already) that it's pretty easy for me to move on after a rejection. At least to some extent. I might still have feelings for her, for a little while, but I am not going to take her rejection as a personal attack. Not if she's decent about it. In my experience, most people aren't bad at delivering a rejection. They usually say something along the lines of "Thanks, but I'm not interested." "Sorry, but I don't feel the same way" or something similar, and that's usually it.

(The worst way to handle it is to ignore the person asking, like they don't exist, expecting the problem will go away, if you ignore it, but I won't get into that, right now)

So many people beforehand build it up in their heads like this is gonna be Carrie on Prom Night. They'll say or do something cruel, and that pigs blood will come crashing down, everyone will point and laugh and it will be a big scene.

Not how it tends to go down.

Even when it's as simple as "I don't feel the same way." they treat it like such a personal attack. They treat it like it's an evaluation saying "you're not good enough.". Again, that's not true. It just means you're not what they were looking for. It may have little to nothing to do with how good you are. They could be in the mood for swing music, and you're just too rock & roll, or techno. In the mood for apples, and you're an orange.

I take rejection like that. It's just that I'm not what they wanted, and it's nothing personal.

Furthermore, I'm a big boy. I can recover. Sooner or later, I'll get over the girl, and that's fine. You know why? There's always somebody else. There's always someone new out there. It's a big world out there filled with over seven billion people, so c'mon! Somebody's gotta be out there. She didn't like me, I'll find someone else. Maybe the next one will. Maybe she'll be more suited for me. Maybe I'll be happier, and if not, that sucks, but hey, once again, there's plenty more people.

Is it easy for me to move on after being rejected? Yes. Life's too short to dwell on all the little rejections. It's too short to obsess and wonder why.

Better move to on.