Does she want me to keep making moves on her

I've tried to make moves on her and she like doesn't respond and seems uncomfortable. Like even when I just hug her when I say bye she will always act awkward and stiff and keep from getting too close to me.

Or like other times I've put my hand on her leg and around her shoulder, etc, I tried to kiss her once. She never responds she just gets passive and often acts nervous. But then next time I see her she will seem extremely excited.

And sometimes I wonder what she wants cause If I say bye to her and don't make any moves she will keep talking, and say hey I need to tell you this story. She did that once for an hour after I was driving her home and dropping her off. We just sat in my car in front of her place.

I am kind of confused cause she never acts into my advances, just awkward, but she doesn't resist them and has been wanting to see me more and more.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty much the same way with physical intimacy. For some reason whenever my boyfriend tries to do anything really intimate like kissing, I get really tense and stiffen up, and I get silent and awkward because I'm so nervous and anxious. I've rejected his advances several times and I feel awful about it because I want nothing more than to be intimate with him, but there's just some mental block whenever we come close to doing anything. He understands this and we're working on getting passed it already, but it's certainly a challenge...

The best advice I can give you, coming from a girl in a similar situation, is to give her direction and keep pushing forward -- eventually she will pick up on your confidence and persistence and it will, in turn, boost her own confidence. Keep making moves on her, but do it slowly. Start with gentle caresses, light kisses, holding her hands often, and cuddling with her to make her feel secure and comfortable. It will also get her accustomed to being touched, and once she is comfortable with that, she will begin touching you back and the shyness will soon dissolve as she realizes that it's okay to be physical with someone. With most women, the surest way to their heart is through their head. It'll do you good to remember that.

0|1
    0|0
    • omfg thank you for putting this into words

You would do well to make an article out of this answer.

• No problem lol, and out of what exactly do you mean?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Virgin alert lol...Idk maybe she's shy, but she could just like you as a friend. But in my opinion I think she's timid and not sure about what she wants and doesn't know how to go about it. Ask her straight out if she's OK with it, start with your hand on her leg and ask if she minds. Take it slow. Goodluck :)

1|0
    0|0
  • You better ask her. When she pulls back just say "I'm sorry, does this make you uncomfortable?"

She might be shy or she might be uninterested. She also may be too shy to tell you to stop doing this things.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's either shy or she just views you as a friend. Instead of making more moves on her, you need to just ask her how she feels about you. Make her feel comfortable enough to give you an honest answer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably she's just shy, because if she truly didn't like it, she would have said so or removed your hand or something.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's definitely shy. Ask her out! :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be shy. Just ask her out

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't touch her. Maybe she wants to take it slow.

0|0
    0|0
  • She sounds like she may not be that interested

0|0
    1|0
  • Clearly she is shy to get physical.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe this girl just sees you as a friend but likes the fact that you drive a car so she's trying to keep you interested by getting all excited and talking to you about some random thing.

I just experienced the male version of her, it turns out the guy was just stringing me along. I say you ask her straight up what she thinks of you and if she doesn't say a thing that sounds like she sees you as a potential boyfriend - move on. Don't waste your time there are plenty of girls out there looking for a guy like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's probably very shy and not quite ready for pyhsical advances. She'll come around:)

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think she is shy and inexperienced, and has no clue on how fast or slow she wants things to go. She kinda wants things to escalate, but then again she doesn't. This odd mixture of excitement and coldness is typical of less experienced women.

You need to get her comfortable with your touch. Before you can get physical, you need to be touching back and forth. If she's all awkward from a simple hug, then your make-out sessions are going to look like a Picasso.

At the risk of sounding like a behavioral psychologist running a social experiment, I'd say try rewarding behavior that you want to encourage with positive attention. So, when she touches you or gets close to you, be excited and shower her with attention. Whenever she reacts poorly to your advances, turn your back to her, lean away, move away, lose interest in the conversation, and ignore her. After consecutive mistakes on her part, tell her suddenly that "I forgot I had to do something for my sister/father/friend" and leave immediately.

You don't want to get sucked into seeing her more and more if you're not making progress towards the type of relationship you'd like to have with her. That's dangerous because she will demand your time but keep you in the friend zone, and you will be frustrated for having wasted so much effort only to find that she will never accept you as a romantic interest. You'll hang around for years hoping that someday she might change her mind, and then one day she'll find a lover and forget you existed.

1|0
    2|0
  • She's the one being awkward.

She either need to tell you to stop or be consumed

0|0
    0|0
  • ASK HER OUT ALREADY.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes