My ex and I were together for one happy year. He broke up with me because he was feeling unhappy lately (we didn't spent enough time together and it was my fault). I told him that I can make that right (and it's true, I can) but he didn't want to give me a second chance. I know he's crazy about me, but why did he give up so easily?
And more importantly, is there a chance to get him back?
Most Helpful Guy
Think about a couple things:
1. Is this the first time the issue was brought up?
2. If your answer to one was "yes" ask yourself, is there a chance he has felt this way for some time, but out of respect and understanding he never brought it up?
3. Can you really change things or are there more important things that will always come first before him?
Regardless I can think of three possibilities as to why he ended things so easily without offering an ultimatum:
1. He found someone else that he is happier with and does not want to cheat on you, so he is doing the right thing by ending the relationship early. Personally I would never do this, but some guys will.
2. The issue has been bothering him for some time and is causing him a lot of stress; he no longer wants to deal with the issue nor does he want to "make it work"
3. The more you neglect someone, the quicker the "fire" dies out. He has lost interest.
If there is not another girl, chances are you can win him over. Ask him to give you a chance by staying with you for a week or two, if he is not happy, he can end things without you trying to fight for him. If there is another girl, you may be able to win him back, but only if he realizes that he truly does want to be with you.1