To make contact or not to make contact? That is the question.

My boyfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago. He's the one who ended it. It was amicable, just too much going on in his life right now, long work hours, lots of stress financially, etc, and can't give a relationship the time it needs. He said he wasn't saying it's over forever, but it's over for now.

Anyway, he has a child with his ex wife. I want to call him on Sunday (after 3 weeks of no contact on either part) to say Happy Father's Day to him and to say I hope he's well. Just plan to keep it short and simple.

Too soon or is that a good starting point to re establish contact?

20