Talking to a new girl, but not ready to commit and don't want to lead on. Any advice?

Alright so I ended a 3 year relationship about 2 or so months ago. I am over my ex-girlfriend, and I am not holding out to try and get back together with her, and anyway she had a "new" boyfriend a week after I broke up with her.

I would like to start meeting new people, but at the same time, I don't really want to jump into a new relationship, not yet anyway. I was at the Bar the other night, and was introduced to someone who was semi-interesting, but I didn't really get that attraction vibe immediately. We talked awhile and exchanged numbers, and I set myself up to ask her on a date today, but I don't want to lead her on into thinking that we might start dating seriously, She is a nice person I am sure, and I don't want to mistakenly hurt her.

In the past two months, I have been adjusting to the single life, and have started to appreciate the ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I could work as much as I needed without being rude or neglecting anyone, you know the drill.

For now it's still early and just occasionally texting, but after being in a relationship for 3 years, and only one other significant relationship, I am unfortunately a bit rusty at the social/dating scene. I think I might just be looking for a friend right now, but sometimes things lead into other things and so on.

I appreciate any and all comments and advice.

20