Talking to a new girl, but not ready to commit and don't want to lead on. Any advice?

Alright so I ended a 3 year relationship about 2 or so months ago. I am over my ex-girlfriend, and I am not holding out to try and get back together with her, and anyway she had a "new" boyfriend a week after I broke up with her.

I would like to start meeting new people, but at the same time, I don't really want to jump into a new relationship, not yet anyway. I was at the Bar the other night, and was introduced to someone who was semi-interesting, but I didn't really get that attraction vibe immediately. We talked awhile and exchanged numbers, and I set myself up to ask her on a date today, but I don't want to lead her on into thinking that we might start dating seriously, She is a nice person I am sure, and I don't want to mistakenly hurt her.

In the past two months, I have been adjusting to the single life, and have started to appreciate the ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I could work as much as I needed without being rude or neglecting anyone, you know the drill.

For now it's still early and just occasionally texting, but after being in a relationship for 3 years, and only one other significant relationship, I am unfortunately a bit rusty at the social/dating scene. I think I might just be looking for a friend right now, but sometimes things lead into other things and so on.

I appreciate any and all comments and advice.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Just talk to her as a friend and just act like you're not interested, pretend you have a girlfriend put a ring on your finger or something and that way she won't think of you like that, that's what id do

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do whatever feels right for you. If you don't want anything serious right now (which is understandable) then give yourself time. It's only been a couple of months and you were with your ex for a long time...there's no rule saying that you have to date when you're not ready. Enjoy the single life and take time for you (like you're already doing). If you want to try dating, go for it, but just make sure the other person knows you're not looking for anything serious. There's no harm in that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes