Why do I miss the abuse...?

I love my current boyfriend. He gets along with my family well. He says the right things. He doesn't hurt me. And our relationship is so perfect. But... I missthe way me and my ex screamed and fought I don't know why. Just randomly when my boyfriends busy with his friends I get a chill down my spine and begin to feel lonely and miss the way he treated me horrible. I don't miss him I just miss the horrible treatment. Sick yes I don't know why I do. I'm glad the relationship with him is over. Is this normal?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• It may be important to analyze why you may miss that behavior. For instance, when a couple is screaming and yelling and fighting with each other it releases hormones into your body to deal with the stress. It's kind of like it's own high. You feel alive even if you're not particularly happy. It's probably that that you "miss", you became used to conflict and now you are without conflict. Role playing with your new boyfriend may help you gain some of that feeling back without associating it with your old boyfriend.