He is breaking up with me in person tomorrow, but doesn't know that I think I'm pregnant...

This is not an accuse to get him to stay with me. I was planning on telling him when I knew for sure... I didn't want to stress him out & then end up not being pregnant. I am having troubles.. I've taken a test & it showed negative, but my periods are irregular anyways so I'm waiting just a little bit longer to take another test in case I did something wrong. I've been spotting everyday for the past month... no period.. no nothing. I've gotten sick (thrown up) a few times during the morning & day this past month for no reason.. I never felt it coming or felt sick. I've been feeling lightheaded.. craving a lot of random things.. little things that make me believe I am pregnant. I'm scared he'll get the wrong impression if I tell him tomorrow... because I didn't plan it so soon. I wasn't expecting to break up, but I do feel that it is important I tell him something at least... I'm not sure what to say.. or if I should say anything.. I just don't want to end up pregnant & pop up one day out of the blue & be like "Oh, I forgot, we're having a baby.."
If any of you tell me not to keep the baby, that's out of the question lol. I'm keeping my baby if it exists, no matter what.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him you are in a pregnancy scare, but nothing is certain. I've had a couple of those :) You are a really nice girlfriend to keep it from him until you are sure. What an idiot for breaking up with you :P

Those tests are pretty darn accurate, and the spotting is likely a result of your missed period. With my first, I remember the doctor did mention that if she had a lot of spotting to call the office, so it might mean the pregnancy is in trouble if you are pregnant (see a doc). However, I think the tests generally show positive by the time morning sickness kicks in.

If your random cravings are for junk food, don't worry too much. If they are for things like beans and lentils (sometimes burritos because they have these), it might be because your body is craving folic acid (important in early infant brain development).

If you think you might have been pregnant for longer than two weeks and are still showing up negative, there is a very st rong chance that you are not. Sometimes stress can influence a woman's regularity, and the stress of breaking up, and the self-created stress of being late or spotting could have exacerbated the situation to make you even more late.

Take a deep breath, and relax :)

• Thank you so much for this... The thing that is getting me though is that I've done research on what's going on with me & a lot of the girls said that they were actually pregnant even though it showed negative. They said it has something to do with hormone levels, so often it will show up negative. They got a blood test done by the doctor to see what the deal was & found out they were. That would be my next step... & yes, he says I'm good to him & a sweetheart & doesn't expect me to understand.

• I am glad he is so understanding! If you are pregnant, you should see a doctor, and if you are not pregnant, you should see a doctor anyway for the spotting and irregularity. Keep in mind after 4 weeks of life they can hear the heartbeat on an ultrasound, so the doc can definitely find out just by listening. If they actually do that, be sure to bring your boyfriend for it. There is something special about it... I cried lol :)

• I certainly will bring him along! :) I don't want him to miss any moment!