Did I tell him I'm leaving at the right time?

I just told my boyfriend who I have been with for over two years and living with for over a year that I am moving out and basically we are breaking up. The only thing is I can't move out right away, I'm moving back home and it isn't ready yet. The reason I told him was because he was saying he thinks we should take this other apartment we looked at. I did not want him to think I would be giving any money to move in there. It felt like the right time because he was saying he wants to move out, so I just said I am too. But now I feel like I jumped the gun because we will both have to live here for about a month and it will be very awkward. Do you think I should have waited?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Damage is done... Is there ever a good time to tell someone you're moving out? The way I see it is, in a normal rental agreement you have to give one months notice. Don't stress, if he asks or gives you a hard time just say that you wanted to give enough notice so he can make other arrangements and ask him, when would have been a better time?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I did it once before, it was awkward and there was a lot of arguments and crying. I wouldn't recommend it!

0|0
    0|0
  • too late now anyway...

0|0
    0|0
  • You're already late.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I bet it is totally awkward now but if you had put it off it would be wrong because you would have given him false hopes and it would have been unfair

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes