Did I tell him I'm leaving at the right time?

I just told my boyfriend who I have been with for over two years and living with for over a year that I am moving out and basically we are breaking up. The only thing is I can't move out right away, I'm moving back home and it isn't ready yet. The reason I told him was because he was saying he thinks we should take this other apartment we looked at. I did not want him to think I would be giving any money to move in there. It felt like the right time because he was saying he wants to move out, so I just said I am too. But now I feel like I jumped the gun because we will both have to live here for about a month and it will be very awkward. Do you think I should have waited?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Damage is done... Is there ever a good time to tell someone you're moving out? The way I see it is, in a normal rental agreement you have to give one months notice. Don't stress, if he asks or gives you a hard time just say that you wanted to give enough notice so he can make other arrangements and ask him, when would have been a better time?