How do I get my boyfriend back when I picked someone else over him in the past?

My boyfriend and I dated 9 years ago. About 5 years after that we hung out again and I told him I wanted to be with him but he said no. Then later he changed his mind but I was dating someone else. He said I picked this guy over him. Flash forward to today, we got back together 2 1/2 months ago. We took a fantastic vacation together. I'm still in love with him. He just broke up with me because he can't get over that I picked someone else over him.

Please tell me how to fix this and get him back. I love him and he's wonderful and we're good together. I don't want to lose him again. I need to know what to say/do to fix this so he knows he can trust me and that I think the world of him and would never pick anyone over him.

Sorry this is long.

Also, he said before I made him feel bad about certain things about himself. Which I feel awful about. Especially since I don't believe any of what I said before, nor do I remember it. It was 4 years ago.

And please don't judge him. He really is a good, nice, caring guy.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• did he not go with anyone else in that whole time you were apart? the past is the past and it's clear you want to be with him once he stops being inscure he will realize this. the other answers say give up but if you really want him then keep trying. good luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE