Do men really don't shower?!?

Should I be upset that if I don't tell my common law husband to shower, he really wouldn't? I haven't been yanking him by the hair for 6 days. And so he hasn't showered for a whole damn week. He claims men don't shower, but cmon, like for a whole week? He has stunk up my bed and he just stinks all over. I have sensitive skin and I easily break out. And my doctor told my husband, because of his easily greasy hair on pillows, its probably one of the reasons why I break out so much on my cheeks. I mean what the hell am I suppose to do? He bathed when we first dated, but now he thinks it doesn't matter. I am at school/work 8-5 everyday. While he sits in our room and marinates the whole place with his filth all day. I mean, he is finally taking a shower at this moment, but is it even worth fighting and practically begging for him to step his ass under some water?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I shower daily(at night) and I figure most men do. I have had a guy admit to me he showers every few days and he blames it on his busy schedule. Your situation is very extreme and I wouldn't not blame you at all for getting rid of him for bad hygiene. Many girls out there won't date certain guys for bad hygiene(body odor, bad breath, etc).

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• do men really don't shower?

Uhh I shower every day, sometimes twice in the summer. All my friends shower regularly, in fact I don't personally know a man who doesn't shower or bathe

Most men shower yours doesn't. You should absolutely make sure he is showering and you should be very concerned about a person who doesn't care about his personal hygiene

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey that's certainly not true that 'men don't shower' - Lions and Gorillas maybe :D but humans do for sure :D

I shower generally thrice a day (morning before I step out, post gym and at night before sleeping). That may come down to 2 showers if I don't gym for any reason on a particular day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I shower at least once a day and sometimes twice if it's been a very active day or if my exercise gets shuffled to a different time.

"marinates the whole place with his filth" is not a phrase that should be used in a healthy relationship. Maybe it's time for you to consider whether or not to move out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys who are unshaved,shower only once a month...they are dirty not only from outside,but from inside too.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's disgusting...most guys shower once a day...you should just turn a hose on him when he's in the backyard lol

0|0
    0|0
  • lol gross. Ditch him? sounds like a health hazard ^.^

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd shower every 3 days if I could, but sadly I only have a Bath. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • we do shower , but women still hate us because we are ugly

0|1
    0|0
  • Get him to shower by inviting him to do it with you. Problem solved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true! We shower every other Christmas!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's just your guy. I shower everyday.

0|1
    0|0
  • I shower every day

0|0
    0|0
  • i shower. most men do shower, though ALL should.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy and I try to shower at least 3-7 times a week. I wouldn't say men DON"T shower but maybe less than most women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can go a day without a shower, but I feel manky if I do. I need to change the bedsheets immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course most guys shower regularly. I shower at least once a day, and usually twice.

Sound to me like your guy is depressed. Seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's just his problem with showering

0|0
    0|0
  • I shower every day. Your man is an extreme example of laziness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men shower. You man has gotten lazy and just isn't putting in any effort.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• That's really disgusting. Most guys aren't like that, you just have a nasty ass man. I don't know how you put up with it. I hope you're not having sex with him, you could get an infection.

0|0
    0|0
  • some dont, a guy at my unniversity used the same outfit for like a week, like the same clothers 7 days in a row.

dump a bucket of water and soap on him

0|0
    0|0
  • well why don't you get him drunk and shower him or offer to shower with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha! Wow...

I've never heard of grown men having to be told to clean themselves, haha!

Every adult man I've ever known always kept themselves clean and groomed, even those with dirty jobs.

So I'd say - yes, men shower. Yours is unique, I guess. A filthy, smelly snowflake, haha!

0|0
    0|0
  • No they don't. Watch out for that dirty Wiener :O

1|1
    0|2

Recommended myTakes