How do you know when to move on?

My boyfriend and I broke up almost 4 weeks ago and at first I felt OK about it and was willing to move on. Now we've been talking and I feel like my mind is going back and forth. His biggest issue for me is that when I get mad to just think about what I say and not talk to him any kind of way and to not decrease so much in physical things (not sex but he says it would be nice if I sent him pics of me just to let him know I'm still his). My issue from him is to be 50/50 and do for me what I do for him (little things like cooking, keep his word on things promised, share with me like I share with him). There are other minor things like just how we handle arguments meaning trying not to go to bed angry and just communication in general. He said right now he just needs time and basically wants 2 weeks of no arguing and for me to just show I'm working on that. I want the same thing, to show change and not be so selfish. Nobody changes in 2 weeks so is this a loss cause? On a scale of 1-10 our serious problems are an 8/9 and the minor things can be learned so they're like a 3/4. Should we just work on fixing our problems not for each other but for ourselves and if things work and we meet up later on then cool but if not then oh well? How do I know if I should move on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you should move on immediately after a breakup. If you actually wanted to be with each other then you would be wiling to work it out. Else you are setting yourself up for the same sh*t next time there is an issue.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Couples argue, that's part of the deal. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever. Part of the reason a lot of people break up is because they think there is suddenly a bigger problem here when they argue but it's not. It doesn't sound like you're over him and neither he is you so don't throw it all away over some petty bullsh*t.

1|0
    0|0
    • I feel like there can be change between us but sometimes I'm not sure. We suggest things like "the next time an argument happens we're gonna solve it by ___" and then we don't end solving it the healthy way. I understand arguments are going to happen but how do you get better at solving them?

• You don't. You have to remember that by being in a relationship you're essentially sharing your life with someone and you need to value that connection more then you do being right and getting what YOU want and not what you both or he wants. It has go both ways and I'm not accusing either of you of not doing your part in that regard. You need to communicate and if someone can't do that in a mature healthy way that doesn't end in an argument maybe they shouldn't be in a serious relationship.

• Let's see. When you find that you tripped and fell on a penis. And that penis found it's way inside you, then it's quite safe to say you've moved on.

0|1
    1|0
    • The question was how to know WHEN to move on? Not how to know THAT you moved on...

• Ex's can't be friends

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you can pass two weeks without arguing if you don't try and compromise on things that you both want first.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it doesn't feel right and it feels like a loss cause move on. Do you trust him? Is arguing all the time really worth stress? Don't you think you deserve better? Think about these things. "If you let something go and it comes back it was always yours, if it doesn't come back it never was" is it time to let go and find out later on? Just think about it

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes