Guys, how do you feel about moving in/living with your girlfriend?

How do you feel it affected your relationship?

Did the sex get more frequent? Less frequent? Did you get closer or further apart? Did you start finding small things about each other you can't stand? Was your relationship better before you lived together?

Why did you move in together? Is it love or convienience?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend and I moved in together a year ago and it was a good change for us. My main motivation was to get out of my mother's house and his main motivation was to have someone to split the bills with. But we also did because we loved each other very much and got along amazingly. If we didn't think we would be happy living together, we wouldn't have done it. We knew we were ready to take things to the next level.

The sex has probably gotten more frequent if anything. We had an active sex life beforehand and we still do now. Living together has definitely brought us closer together. We share everything now, we sleep next to each other every night, and we've seen parts of each other that we never did before.

We've both seen some little bad habits that can drive the other crazy, but nothing that either of us couldn't live with. Our relationship has only gotten stronger since we moved in together. The most important thing is to make sure you're both ready for it.

• Best answer ^ :)

• Thank you or your honest response. I'm closing on a house next month and I don't know if I am going to ask my Boyfriend of 7 months to move in.

You hit it in the head, I want to lay down next to him every night and wake up next to him everyday. I want to learn his quirks and see all the sides of him I've never seen...BUUUT, I'm terrified. We've both been in a live-in situation with an ex before and neither ended well. Just scared we'll get sick of each other and start fighting over nothing. :/

• I lived with my ex before too and it was a completely different experience. We were miserable and fought all the time, but we didn't wait very long before moving in together. That was a big mistake. If the last 7 months have gone great, I'd say give it a shot! It's a great way of finding out whether or not you two have compatible living styles. If it doesn't work out at least you know before making a more serious commitment like marriage.