Can someone get over a breakup too fast?

My ex and I broke up less than 3 weeks ago. I spent the first 2 or 3 days crying at random moments, and the next few days just sad. But after just one week after the breakup, I felt I was completely over it. We were together almost 6 months, and we had a great relationship and loved and trusted each other very much. We even talked about marriage sometimes. I truly cared about him and loved him. I would worry about his health and happiness, how he was doing, etc. We also ended on good terms. We've agreed to keep in touch, but he says he's not ready to hang out with me as a friend yet, but I am.

Is it just me, or was this too fast to get over him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we have moments where we are weak and moments when we are strong. Letting go is really hard but it's never to early to start trying.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• No such thing. Who initiated the break up? Even though it may have been a mutual ending it is quite rare for both partners to stop liking the other at the same time. Historically speaking the one who brings it up usually has been thinking about it for weeks already and would have reached or been close to accepting the break up as opposed to the person getting dumped who may go along with the break up, but isn't quite ready for it

1|0
    0|0
  • yes because that person is deluding themselves into believing they "over the breakup" when they're not, making themselves more ornaments emotional wreck.

Mainly because people don't like to show any emotional vulnerability .

0|0
    0|0
  • I get over break-ups super-fast.. but the thing is that I also fall and rush into relationships super-fast.. so without such a "perk" it would be a living hell

And no he's not over you or else he wouldn't have a problem seeing you again

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. Different people handle things different ways with stuff like this.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Congrats! You're emotionally healthy. Maybe because it ended on good terms, as opposed to with someone cheating or doing shady crap, it helped you heal quicker.

There is nothing wrong with it. I have had devastating breakups and easy ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • usually they cheated if they do

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes