Would it hurt even worse for you if your partner cheated on you with someone ugly?

So yeah cheating sucks no matter how you cut it, but would if make you feel even worse if the person they cheated on you with turned out to be someone way less attractive then you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that when you're cheated on, its pretty natural to compare yourself to the person your partner cheated on you with. Regardless of what they look like, you're going to feel badly, just in different ways.

If they are more attractive than you, you'll probably feel inferior. Perhaps like you weren't attractive enough to satisfy them and keep them from straying.

If they are less attractive than you, I suppose it's more confusing. What do they have that you don't? Why would your partner cheat with someone like *them*? It doesn't seem like ruining your relationship with someone like that would be worth it. Or maybe you question how attractive you thought you were. My guess it would be a sort of double-blow: Not only did your partner cheat on you, but they "traded down" to do so.

If the person is more attractive than you, its easier to rationalize that that's the reason they cheated, whereas if they are less attractive than you, its harder to understand (though, in reality, the reasons why people cheat can be far more complex than what the other person looked like, or could be as simple as "they were there and willing").

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• No, I wouldnt. I read somewhere that most of the people cheat on their partners with a less attractive person. I would just be embarassed for the guy to go for a less attractive woman than me. I wouldn't think the girl has a better personality just because she is less attractive either. Being the lover is easier, you just have to be nice, perky, don't get mad about anything and put out. Being the girlfriend or the wife, that´s what is hard, you have responsibilities and problems usrge.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be worse if they were considered more attractive than the SO because the SO would always be worrying they would return to the person they cheated with.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it would be better, because it was obviously not about her being better than me. It would hurt more if she was wayy more attractive than me tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe but there's a study or something that says that people cheat with uglier people than their partners.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be hurt me regardless of how good looking or bad looking that person that my SO cheats on with.

0|0
    0|0
  • heck ya!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so because I would feel insulted

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Thanks, you've just made me realize that being ugly can be a positive thing, I'll never have to experience that feeling :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes