Should we break up or take a break?

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months next week. From the start of the realationship, he really through himself in: I became apart of the family fast, he told me he loved me into a few weeks of being together. We had some really great times, he made me really happy, but at the same time, he has gotten cranky with me over small things numerous times as he has a short temper and said some rather nasty things.

About two weeks ago, we had a rather large fight and I was at the point of ending it. He conviced me to stay by saying he had depression and I think...I just generally felt sad when he cried and said he loved me. That coupled with me still caring for him, meant that I stayed. Before that we had plans to go away and meet the rest of his family. Since then I've told him I don't think its such a good idea and its changed the whole dynamic of our realationship. we've hardly spoken, when we have, its felt tense or happy enough, but like we aren't a couple, just friends. We haven't said I love you. He's told me the last week has been rough on him (He didn't like hearing I didn't want to met the family and I told him I wanted us to take a step back from being so serious) and that he now holds a lot of negative feelings for me.

So, should I suggest we take a break or just break up? I'm going to see him tomorrow but I still haven't been able to make up my mind. He said he no longer knows what to say or do about it all. He's my first boyfriend, and even though we have had a pretty up and down realationship, I do love him. I can't tell if I'm just scared to let go, or there actually if a point in trying to save things.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• just take a break, things aren't that bad between the both of you