Why does my EX girlfriend say we need to meet up and talk?

So she left me for a rebound relationship a month ago and she is still in the rebound with the guy but the other night she called me and was telling me how messed up her life is and that she made a huge mistake when she broke up with me and then she said we need to meet up one day and talk then she said "you let me know when you wanna meet up" so I said OK I'll let you know something later, its been a few days since that talk. She don't initiate contact very much. I am kind of confused. I do want her back. so what do you all think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you want her back?

From what you've said, she's told you why she wants to meet up - she thinks she's made a mistake about breaking up and wants to discuss your relationship, whether this means getting back together or just talking things over and understanding for her I don't know, maybe she just wants you in her life as a friend, you won't know until you talk to her.

You say you want her back, but it doesn't seem like she treated you that well, why did she end things and why do you want her back?

If I were you, I would arrange to meet her, somewhere non-commital like for coffee, in public, during the day and talk things over civilised but don't go in with the expectation that you most definitely will get back together, just go in and hear what she has to say, if she says she wants you back, tell her you need to think things through a little more and take your time and really figure out what you want then decide.

Hope this helps :)

0|0
    0|0
    • thank u.. we broke up a month ago because of some stupid arguments... I would like to have her back because I love her and want us to have a life together. I know its a two way street and we both must feel the same way. tomorrow I am supposed to meet her so we will seee

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• She doesn't initiate contact because you said you'll let her know when to meet up.

As for your question why she wants to meet up and talk: you'll know when you'll meet up, probably because she wants to know if you want her back too. So I suggest you let her know when you're available to meet up and meet up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to be with someone who left you for another guy rebound or not? Peraonally I think you should tell her she made her bed now lye in it. She's getting her karma that she deserves. She's still with the rebound guy so what makes you think she will even ask you back? She has the best of both worlds by the sounds of it. Do what you will but please don't be her door mat.. best of luck

0|0
    0|0
    • well she said we have to talk about me and her so assume it must be about her mistake and how sorry she is and I think she wants me back but we will see tomorrow when I meet up with her

• Best of luck. Keep your dignity and listen to your head not your hearf. Good luck :)

• Ok, well my first thought was that she's pregnant, but it's a wild guess really. It's more likely she wants to convince you to take her back and you shouldn't do that

0|0
    0|0
    • first thought I ain't that baby daddy! hahaha joking well although that's scary to think that's possibly what she wants to talk about I would totally man up and be there. we will see tomorrow I guess when I meet up with her

• Show All
    • I met with her a few days and she told me she made a big mistake and she wants to work our issues out and get back together, I told her she lost a lot of trust and it will take a little time for her to prove to me she won't run out again. She is still with this rebound guy but she told me she is about to exit the relationship because she has no love for him. I am supposed to meet her for drinks on Sunday but I don't know if I should until she leaves this guy.

• well you certainley shouldn't meet her until she broke up with that guy. If I were I"d seriously reconsider taking her back at all

• She might not of realized how much you meant to her before she went of with her rebound and she's just realising what she's lost. She might even feel bad for breaking up with you the way she did and might just want to apologize and mend things between the two of you, whether that means working things out as a couple or just sorting out your differences and moving on as friends. It'll probably be a good idea to meet with her and see what she has to say but I wouldn't fall back into the relationship so easily, make sure that you have things sorted before you try it again. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • I met with her 2 times these past days and she does want us to work things out and get back together. I told her it will take time for me to trust her again and she agreed. Right now she is working on breaking up with the rebound guy that she has no feelings for.

• That's good that you've met and talked things through! Telling her that it would take time to trust her again was a good idea and I'm glad that she's agreed with you. good luck to both of you, I hope you can make it work!

• then meet her and get back together, easy as that

0|0
    0|0
    • as easy as it seems we still have big issues to be addressed and resolved. getting back together so fast might be a mistake

• she has unresolved issues I bet

0|0
    0|0
  • either she wants closure or she stil wants you

0|0
    0|0
  • She left you for another man, why oh why do you want her back? You can't trust her anymore after doing that to you. Now she's feeling sorry for herself realizing she may have messed up. That's her problem, not yours.

0|1
    0|0
    • FYI you don't leave someone to date a rebound. If she left you to date him, he's just the next guy. A rebound is someone you go for AFTER the break up, because it eases the pain of the break up. She left you for him, she wasn't hurting at the time to lose you, she was just curious about dating another dude.

• well there was more to it, we had some arguments which led up to the break-up.. I still may take her back if she has some good words tomorrow for our first meet up since our goodbye a months ago.

• There's always more to it, but if she was seeing him before you broke up, or had him in mind before you broke, then she was emotionally cheating. I wouldn't take that person back but to each their own, good luck to you.

What Guys Said 3

• Run in the opposite direction man! She only wants to be with you when she has no other options. Looks like the last guy dropped her...causing her to run back to Ol faithful...(you). She's had her one chance with you. If you're smart..she won't have another chance. Delete her number...end any and ALL communication!

0|0
    0|0
    • I hear ya but I think 2 is the lucky number but we will see what's up tomorrow when we meet to talk about "Us"

• I think you'd go and see what she has to say and it's clear that you don't want her back then if she asks you for it that you know what to do ;-) ...

0|0
    0|0
    • I hear ya but I won't act like I want her back until she says she wants me back.. I made the mistake and begged once and I willlllll not bow down and beg again, she can kiss my shoe or get the hell down the road even though I love her

• Show All
    • I know and I won't let my guard down for a while if we get back together. she has quite a bit of trust she needs to earn back

• Good luck ;-)

• Abort. Don't contact her or meet with her. There's no reason to.

0|0
    0|0
    • well there is plenty of reason because I love her but if I feel there is no love in return ill be like boooom bitch be gone!

• She dumped you for another guy. If you think that won't repeat itself, you get what you deserve

• I hope it won't repeat itself but we will see in the future because ill probably post my sad story hear. lol

Recommended myTakes