I met a cute neighbor who just moved in the other day, what's a not totally weird way to come by?

So, I was waiting outside of the elevator and a girl came from down the hall. She hit the down button to call the elevator several times times before it stuck, so I was like,

"I love this place...we have the most reliable buttons here."

She laughed and commented that she had to hit it 5 times...I asked if she was in the corner unit and if she thought the view was good, and she said yes and asked me if I was in a corner, too. I pointed out my place down the hall and told her yes.

We chatted a bit in the elevator about the buildings and places we'd lived before. She seemed really friendly and a tiny bit flirty. When we got to her destination floor, I told her my name and shook her hand, and she told me her name. I told her to take care. She said, 'You, too!'

And then on the way out said 'Neighbor!' in a chirpy voice that was pretty adorable.

I know nothing about her, but she seems pretty friendly and maybe she's cool, I don't know. She told me she just moved in this month, so I'm thinking I could do something nice to welcome her to the apartment and hang out a bit and see if we have anything in common.

What's a good way to welcome neighbors that could easily segue into hanging out? I normally meet people directly through friends, but I know being neighborly is acceptable. I've met a couple of neighbors by helping them move things. One helped me move things, and I bought her dinner. This is a bit different, though, as nobody has helped anybody move things! Help a guy out!

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Start cooking and "forget something you need" this will give you a excuse to go over there and to see if she wants to join you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh, DUH...that's a classic. :)