I met a cute neighbor who just moved in the other day, what's a not totally weird way to come by?

So, I was waiting outside of the elevator and a girl came from down the hall. She hit the down button to call the elevator several times times before it stuck, so I was like,

"I love this place...we have the most reliable buttons here."

She laughed and commented that she had to hit it 5 times...I asked if she was in the corner unit and if she thought the view was good, and she said yes and asked me if I was in a corner, too. I pointed out my place down the hall and told her yes.

We chatted a bit in the elevator about the buildings and places we'd lived before. She seemed really friendly and a tiny bit flirty. When we got to her destination floor, I told her my name and shook her hand, and she told me her name. I told her to take care. She said, 'You, too!'

And then on the way out said 'Neighbor!' in a chirpy voice that was pretty adorable.

I know nothing about her, but she seems pretty friendly and maybe she's cool, I don't know. She told me she just moved in this month, so I'm thinking I could do something nice to welcome her to the apartment and hang out a bit and see if we have anything in common.

What's a good way to welcome neighbors that could easily segue into hanging out? I normally meet people directly through friends, but I know being neighborly is acceptable. I've met a couple of neighbors by helping them move things. One helped me move things, and I bought her dinner. This is a bit different, though, as nobody has helped anybody move things! Help a guy out!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Start cooking and "forget something you need" this will give you a excuse to go over there and to see if she wants to join you.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh, DUH...that's a classic. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• lol... try to make more small talk with her and see where it heads. Don't take it too seriously. She might turn out to be what you don't expect.

Ignore Facebook. :) Trying to get to know people face to face is a better approach.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, believe me, I am not taking it seriously...I just don't know how to smoothly meet neighbors.

• Show All
    • Understood. You don't want to miss an opportunity.

it just all depends on the next few conversations (what you, both can talk about) you'll have with her and what her comfort level/intentions is with you at

• I don't have a ton of conversations with my hallmates. I've gotten to know a lot of people very casually here, though, I'm considering throwing a party and inviting everyone from my building that I know and seeing the chaos that ensues. They're all VERY different people...

• try to bump into her and ask her for her number.

0|0
    0|0
  • just try tot alk to her when you see her and once you are really comfortable around each other tell her to come to your apartment for some coffee or somehting

0|0
    0|0
  • Just build a relationship with her by speaking to her whenever you see her. Then eventually ask her out on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • well try to bump into her and just ask her to hang out sometime with you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• See, this is really starting to get on my nerves; so now that Facebook would be a GREAT optoin to break your ice with a friendly neighborly message you don't use it. Really? I am enraged. People love to just not use anything correctly.

0|0
    1|2
  • Bring by a bottle of wine. If she asks you to join her for a glass, you're in.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes