My ex wants to meet up and I agreed. Will it be a disaster?

Hi,

My relationship has recently ended. It was a serious one. We had plans for moving in together, having a child and so on. However, I always said that we need to wait because I would like to advance in my career.

The last time I saw him we talked how things are not working between us and I suggested that perhaps it is better to stop seeing each other. He said we wanted to work things out. Two days later he calls and says "I can't be with you anymore. I am done. It's not you, it's me. However, I want us to be friends". I didn't call. A week later he phoned to say that he has a new girlfriend and he just wanted to let me know about this because he doesn't want to lie to me. My response was "I hope you will be happy but never call me again."

This week he called and said he wants us to meet up and I said OK because I might be moving to another country.

So, my question is, what does he want? I can't understand why did he have to inform me about his personal life and why does he want to see me. I am really worried abot this meeting because the last thing I want to do is to end up arguing with him.

I would appreciate any comments or opinions on the matter.

Thank you.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't even bother meeting up with him if I were you. He had his shot and blew it. He's probably hoping for a farewell bang.