We have been dating for 3 months.....He wants to move in together?

I love my boyfriend, he's really sweet sometimes and funny. But I'm not ready to move in with him. I would love to, but I don't feel our relationship is ready for that yet. We've only been going out for 3 months. I feel like it's too soon and that we should be dating for a bit longer before we take that step.

He's 28, and I am 24. We both have decent jobs, so affording a really nice place is not an issue. With our combined incomes it would be really nice to live together. But that's what I'm worried about.

He keeps going on about how much he's spending on his current apartment. He feels he's paying too much. I feel like the only reason he wants to move in with me is to save money. And at this point I don't feel like that's a good enough reason to move in together.

I plan on talking to him about this. But I just wanted to gain some perspective from others here.

He started talking about moving in together and if we get married type stuff early on in the relationship. Is this normal for a guy his age? Or should I be worried?

On a side note, I do live on my own. I don't live with my parents, so it's not an issue of being on my own. I already do that.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 months is waaaaay too soon. Explain that you can see it happening down the road but that 3 months is too soon. Let him know that he understands that he feels like he's spending too much but that isn't reason enough to fast forward the relationship.

I think he probably wants to save money, probably likes you a lot, and also may have some trepidation about losing you if he doesn't sort of start advancing the relationship. I don't think you should be overly concerned, just voice firmly that you are not ready to move in. If that is an issue for him that's his problem

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Way way way too soon! He has not earned that luxury yet. Red flags here...lots of red flags.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I think you should give it at least another 3 months before you move in. You should never move in before you're ready to, especially if it's just to save money. I moved in with my ex after 3 months and it was horrible, we fought all the time. I had no idea what I was getting into.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would recommend going ahead and doing it. I started living with my boyfriend after 2 years of dating and it has been an awful experience. Because I've dated him for so long and truly care about him it's hard to let go even though we are incompatible living together.

If you live together early on and discover you're incompatible it will be easier to move on. You learn so much about another person when you live with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first boyfriend and I moved in toghther after 6 months and after 5 of living with him. I hated him and we broke up I think he started to think he owned me. I was nice about it it was not a huge deal

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't recommend it but a guy is better then a girl roommate

• thats way to soon, tlak to him about it nad say you need time.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, that is way to soon

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes