Should I end it or should I stick with the break?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for eight months now but suddenly we've had our first big fight. He told me that things weren't the same anymore, I needed to stop being a little too "buddy buddy" with guys, and that he just didn't know about our relationship anymore. Just two days ago his best friend kissed me and I didn't want that at all. I was disgusted beyond belief since his best friend knew how much my boyfriend meant to me. I told him and his best friend apologized but I guess that was the tipping point. Now my boyfriend asked for a break but is it really worth it? I feel like he's only staying with me because he's afraid all of his friends will take my side and he'll loose me. I just don't know anymore. I really do like him. This is the first guy I ever felt this way about and I don't know. These past eight months were the best months I've ever experienced. Maybe it'll be better to just end it instead of having false hope that we'll get back together? Or maybe I should just stick with the break and see how things work out? I just feel like he'd be ten times happier without me so maybe I should just leave. I don't know. (Sorry for the rant I just needed to get the story out there because I really don't know what to do anymore, I'm desperate for answers).

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Stick with the break but make sure to still be available. Maybe in his eyes you have been too "buddy-buddy" with guys. Maybe he tends to be the jealous type that don't like other guys messing with his girl, where in fact you only try to act acceptable and treat everyone nice. I think you need to explain that to him that those guys mean NOTHING to you. Some people are more sociable and some are more to themselves, and in between. Fighting has to stop between couples if they want to stay together and be happy. A person has to be aware of what causes the problems that ignites fighting between couples that really like each other. Tell him you're starting to see what he means regarding the buddy-buddy things and that you'll make a sincere effort to stop that but still being able to be friendly so you don't start looking and acting like a dork. Tell him you want him to be proud of you when he's with his friends like you're proud of him when you're with yours. Don't let him put you down by not wanting you to basically stop talking with any other guy because that wouldn't even be healthy for you nor him if he had to stop talking with other girls. Unless there are other reasons you didn't mention here, I see no reason to think he'd be ten times happier without you, unless you feel that way too. So just sit back and relax and wait for the right time to approach him again to have a nice little talk. Meantime, don't be messing with the guys. lol! j/k! BTW, some guys start feeling like they own their girlfriend once they get in a relationship. You still need your independence just like he needs his so make sure he understands that. Good luck!