We're on a break. How might this end?! Please HELP me understand him!

My boyfriend and I are on a break. We've been together for almost a year, and never broken up or taken a break or anything. We've gone through little fights/annoyances and whatnot but never gone to this kind of measure. This is unchartered territory for me.

He basically just feels like we spend all of our time together and he misses being around his friends more and being able to spontaneously plan things instead of always planning his days with me...

I don't know what to make of it. We decided to not talk for a week or two just to see how we feel about things, but we aren't broken up. Just not talking. It's been five days. He snap chatted me today which confuses me, because we haven't texted or called or anything in five days.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I don't know what's gonna happen and I'm just really scared of losing him.

Can breaks be a good way to build a stronger relationship? Or are we doomed to break up?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that your relationship is in a doom. 2 weeks of NC entails that you're not looking out for the long term

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend and I have been tied to the hip every since about 3-4 months into our relationship. I came down with an anxiety where I would freak out every time I wasn't with him, however, things have gotten better. We still see each other every day since we live together but we have little breaks apart where he may play his game while I watch my show. It wasn't easy for him either since my anxiety but it never got to the point he wouldn't talk to me. Even now I have no problem doing anything with him where as he likes time to himself here and there.

I can understand where he is coming from even though I would hate to hear it myself. You guys didn't have a huge argument, it seems like he just needs a lot of "me" time. Men are definitely like that. I don't think you are going to lose him. Just don't smother him. Show him you are fine without him and let him have his space and he'll come around. Good for you for going 5 days without him!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes