We're on a break. How might this end?! Please HELP me understand him!

My boyfriend and I are on a break. We've been together for almost a year, and never broken up or taken a break or anything. We've gone through little fights/annoyances and whatnot but never gone to this kind of measure. This is unchartered territory for me.

He basically just feels like we spend all of our time together and he misses being around his friends more and being able to spontaneously plan things instead of always planning his days with me...

I don't know what to make of it. We decided to not talk for a week or two just to see how we feel about things, but we aren't broken up. Just not talking. It's been five days. He snap chatted me today which confuses me, because we haven't texted or called or anything in five days.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I don't know what's gonna happen and I'm just really scared of losing him.

Can breaks be a good way to build a stronger relationship? Or are we doomed to break up?

11